Crankshaft bearing upgrade

Started by nelz, January 30, 2016, 05:47:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nelz

I want to replace the crankshaft bushing on my 6500c and 5000 Ambassadeurs with a bearing. I need to know the size, but have seen two different sizes suggested within these posts. So which is it?

I believe both reels use the same size.

I don't know the size but Jerry at hookless.com has them in stock, he puts them in all the reels he makes for me.  From your blog I'm guessing you life here in Fl. so shipping will be fast, he is very reasonable price wise.

callelk

Quote from: nelz on January 30, 2016, 05:47:21 AM
I want to replace the crankshaft bushing on my 6500c and 5000 Ambassadeurs with a bearing. I need to know the size, but have seen two different sizes suggested within these posts. So which is it?

I believe both reels use the same size.

This?

http://alantani.com/index.php?action=profile;u=1803;sa=showPosts

nelz

Thanks guys, looks like it's a 8 X 13 X 4 mm.

Josh Smith

Quote from: nelz on February 29, 2016, 04:06:41 PM
Thanks guys, looks like it's a 8 X 13 X 4 mm.

It is.

You'll want to add a couple bearing washers, too, that contact only the inner race.  (I find them advertised for skateboards.)  Otherwise, it'll get hard to turn when you tighten the drag.

This works well, because the original bushing is something like 5mm wide, and you have a little bit of space to make up.

Regards,

Josh

nelz

Thanks Josh. So do those skateboard bearing washers come in only one size, or do I need to specify the size when I buy them?