113H stainless rings

Started by Maxed Out, January 31, 2016, 10:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

Does anyone know what years the 113H had stainless metal trim rings ?

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

RowdyW

I think it started when the 113H2 started coming from China along with ss screws instead of chrome plated brass.    Rudy

Maxed Out

Quote from: RowdyW on January 31, 2016, 10:51:16 PM
I think it started when the 113H2 started coming from China along with ss screws instead of chrome plated brass.    Rudy

Hey Rudy, I have USA made 113H with them, so it was prior to the china version.

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

RowdyW

It's probably right near the period When parts started coming from China. Maybe check with Mo at Scott's. She might know when they started receiving ss parts for Senators.

mizmo67

Wish I knew, but we don't have any dates on this one, sorry guys!
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

Mattman NZ

Quote from: Max Doubt on January 31, 2016, 11:06:48 PM
Quote from: RowdyW on January 31, 2016, 10:51:16 PM
I think it started when the 113H2 started coming from China along with ss screws instead of chrome plated brass.    Rudy

Hey Rudy, I have USA made 113H with them, so it was prior to the china version.

Ted
I have one too - mines the graphite half frame version - I'll have to check to see if it has a date stamp on the inner plate

Rgds

Matt...

Dominick

Matt are those screws in the rings loose or they a sloppy fit?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Mattman NZ

Hi Dominick - they are in firmish - they are stainless too - had a friend go over to Canada and brought them for me - as for the date stamps both handle & non handle have 12th 19-96 - even gave one of the inner rings the scratch test and they are definitely stainless too.
Rgds

Matt...

Army_of_One

Quote from: Mattman NZ on February 26, 2016, 09:22:05 AM
Hi Dominick - they are in firmish - they are stainless too - had a friend go over to Canada and brought them for me - as for the date stamps both handle & non handle have 12th 19-96 - even gave one of the inner rings the scratch test and they are definitely stainless too.
Rgds

Matt...

I Believe Keta is asking about them sticking out, not flush with the ring.  I'm pretty sure it's because the bevel between the shank and head is different for Penn than any other screw.  Your last picture with the closeup shows the screw head profile nicely enough to see what I'm talking about.
Another day in Paradise!