Crazy E-Bay Clear Newell 220

Started by Anglewood, February 01, 2016, 04:57:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anglewood

Last complete one of these I remember went for around $500, now I wish I had jumped on that one.  This one just went nuts, and it still didn't meet the reserve!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Clear-Newell-220-Brand-New-In-The-Box-/262257984204?autorefresh=true&nma=true&si=RKBNpYOPBLlrCiVqHB3IEezxw5g%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

-Connor

DaBigOno

Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

bigggfish

Check out the one that was listed tonight.  The starting bid is $5000 !!!!!!!!!! Dude must be Crazy!!!!!! It is from Brooklyn of all places!!!

bluefish69

Easy on that Brooklyn stuff.  Did you mean Brooklyn Ca.
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

foakes

Interesting to see what is sells for.

We use these for fishing -- these guys are collectors.

Possibly not more than a handful of these in the world, Carl isn't making anymore -- and if you are a Newell collector, and can afford it -- the sky is the limit.

Especially one NIB.

Just like a Johnson Citation collector -- got to have the Pink Princess to complete a collection.

These clear and colored Newells are even more rare.

Good nvestment.

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

bigggfish

Quote from: bluefish69 on February 01, 2016, 11:10:54 AM
I wasn't saying anything bad about Brooklyn, just strange to see one of these clear Newell's coming from there.

otownjoe

Seems odd that it didn't meet reserve at that price.makes me wonder if someone is trying to artificially inflate the prices.

vilters

forget the newell, it's all about the pink princess. SWEET reel Fred! how much$$$$?  ;)

foakes

Quote from: vilters on February 02, 2016, 12:35:14 AM
forget the newell, it's all about the pink princess. SWEET reel Fred! how much$$$$?  ;)

I sold the one I had for about $250 around 8 years ago, slightly used, but in the box -- do not know what they go for now.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Newell Nut

Newell pricing has certainly jumped the past few months. Glad I bought most of mine a few years ago. I never was crazy about anything other than the good old black original side plates. I have one red reel but it was a bargain deal that I repaired and made it like new again.

bluefish69

Quote from: bigggfish on February 01, 2016, 10:56:07 PM
Quote from: bluefish69 on February 01, 2016, 11:10:54 AM
I wasn't saying anything bad about Brooklyn, just strange to see one of these clear Newell's coming from there.

I live 6 blocks from Brooklyn NY. So only fooling with everybody. I worked on the boats in Bklyn. after I retired. There are a lot of Newell Guys here, you would be surprised. One friend has 100 & I have 40-50 myself. Always looking for cheap ones or parts reels but they are getting harder to find.
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Dominick

Biggfish that is just some NY humor.  Brooklynites are very proud of the borough.  Brooklyn, NY is not the only Brooklyn in the United States. Here are ten others:

Brooklyn, CA (suburban Oakland)
Brooklyn, Indiana
Brooklyn, Iowa
Brooklyn, Michigan
Brooklyn, Mississippi
Brooklyn, Minnesota
Brooklyn, Ohio (suburban Cleveland)
Brooklyn, Oregon
Brooklyn, Pennsylvania
Brooklyn, Wisconsin (90 miles west of Milwaukee)  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

joel8080

Born & raised in Brooklyn even went to Brooklyn College. it's was a world in it's own I haven been back there in 40 years but I will always be proud that I grew up there it was an education in it's own rite.

For those who know Brooklyn I grew up and went to public & High School in the East New York section of Brooklyn and I recently bought 2 Brooklyn T Shirts.

Joel8080
Oceanside,California

thinkwahoo

Hey Joel, did you buy any stock in that old bridge?  ;D