Frame screws for 112H, 113H, 114H?

Started by AlasKen, February 09, 2016, 05:53:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlasKen

I have Tiburon frames and spools for a 112H, 113H, 114H that I plan on putting together from my existing reels.  I believe these are old style.  I have been reminded several time to ensure I grease the frame screws when putting it together to avoid corrosion issues.  I really appreciate that reminder.   My question revolves around what screws to use.  Are the stock screws from my existing reels satisfactory or should I be purchasing some for this rebuild?  If so any idea of proper size and source?  These will be fishing setups and not collectables.  They will probably see a fresh water rinse and wipe down after use but will live on the boat all season and hopefully get a nice cleaning and servicing at the end of the season.  I have my name in the mix for some goodies as they come available.  Thanks for your help on this.  Ken

RowdyW

Ken, the original screws are ok to use with the original plates. Some might be to short like the ones in the original stand. You can get more screws from Scott's Bait & Tackle. If you are replacing the side plates with aftermarket aluminum plates then you will have to get SS socket head screws from McMaster-Carr.       RUDY

thorhammer

Hey Ken, if you cipher out the part numbers for hexheads at M-C, can you post them for us?

Thanks!

John

Keta

I like to use the shorter handle side screws, not the real short base screws.   They have more than enough thread engagement and are not as hard to remove when broken.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain