Of work spaces..thought I was a rod builder until I drank the AT Kool-Aid

Started by thorhammer, February 09, 2016, 08:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorhammer

So, recently we have been seeing some really nice work spaces and organizational techniques, as well as tooling (Lou's lathe!!!!!)

Due to being in the process of going through an estate sale for a friend, of which I purchased several dozen reels, acquisitions on my Charleston trip, the never-ending Jigmaster builds, old projects, services, etc., my shop had become untenable...I couldnt rebuild a spool of thread on the bench, let alone get to any rod work...I had to drop back and punt:

Tightlines667

Way to go!

Now if you can figure out how to keep everything in its place ;)
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

STRIPER LOU

Looking good John. There's no end to it! And your correct with so many projects going on it becomes hard to take care of everything.
Sometimes I wish I had more room but then again I'd probably end up filling it with more stuff. Looks like Fred got us all on the right track.
All the best,  ..  Lou

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

David Hall

Alan anytime you want help organizing your garage shop you just say the word,  first thing you need is a 10X12 really good backyard shed with some industrial shelving to store all those bins full of penns, pieces and parts.  That will give you back some floor space.  Then we need to go around the room with damn near wall to wall floor to ceiling storage shelving, that will give you even more floor space!
Then we can build you a work station!
You might be in trouble with all that clear floor space your wife might want to start parking her car in there!

Big Tim

Thor! Nice work area  ;D You should see Alan's  ;D ;D ;D Eventually I will have one myself.

BT

Tiddlerbasher

Nicely sorted John - Now all you've got to do is find what your looking for ;D