Troubleshooting my 113mtl

Started by Sharkin904, February 13, 2016, 06:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharkin904

Picked this reel up at a small bait and tackle shop...someone has serviced it, but I'm thinking some things were done incorrectly.  For starters the handle was changed (part #24-349H), but it has a decent amount of wiggle room between the star and the handle screw, leaving it to feel loose. Popped it open and it appears that 3 of the 4 keyed drag washers are wrong. Very thin compared to the last one, yet on he schematics they all share the same part #. Then the beveled washer, should be one...mine has 3 rusty ones. I assume they were put there to take up some extra space due to the thin washers. If I replace the keyed washers and a new beveled washer, should that fix my handle problem? Sorry for the long winded post, thanks for reading it! On with the pics...

[/[URL=http://s112.photobucket.com/user/ExSohc/media/image_zpsrpyvljor.jpeg.html]

Newell Nut

You should be able to go to mysticparts.com and order the kit to include new Ht100s and SS washers then you may have to get the Belleville separate if you can't get yours cleaned up. The should take care of you. Those are nice strong reels.

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"

mizmo67

Well, the handle problem is the shape of the sleeve and the hole.

In our cross reference, it's a Type X
https://www.mysticparts.com/PennParts/Handles/TypeX.aspx
And there's only 1 handle of that type so far and that's the original handle for the reel.

The 24-349H just isn't the right fit.

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

Sharkin904

Dang it, I literally JUST finished an order at Scott's too lol, guess I'll make another one for the handle. I knew I should have aired for input hahah

mizmo67

I see it in the system Nick. I'll call you.
~Mo

mizmo67

And had a moment..no need to call you..I already fixed the second order to take the shipping out of it.

Ugh...my brain sometimes.
~Mo

Sharkin904

Thanks! You guys are seriously the best.

Just finished giving it the AT treatment, tearing it down and greasing everything. Can't wait to try this thing out!

mizmo67

~Mo

Rothmar2

Interesting reel, although I doubt I'll ever get to see one.
There are many tackle retailers and so-called service centers here in Aus that should read and follow the example of Mo here. She's the best! You could knock me over with a feather if I ever got dedicated service like that out here.

mizmo67

I think it's the small, family owned customer service model and mentality.

With so many big chains out there, a not caring quite so much attitude has developed. It's bleeding over into the smaller shops too much.
~Mo