Where can I find an m16 - 1.0 jam nut

Started by ronluvs2fish, January 25, 2016, 12:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronluvs2fish

I bought a never used Ryobi adventure 110E reel but I'm missing the nut to hold the handle on. I plan on using this reel for some shark fishing this spring. I have not found a place in Ga that carries this nut.

conchydong

It may be hard to find a Ryobi handle nut here in the States as they are not that common but you may be able to find a metric sized stainless steel acorn nut that might work if you match the threads.

Robert Janssen

meh, 16 x 1 is a little unusual. They can be found as jam nuts on pneumatic cylinders, if you just happen to have a bunch of those around. Or here https://www.fastenal.com/products/details/11509286  or if you're really desperate I suppose one could be made by a nice somebody who happens to have such a tap.

gstours

Alto Mare

Quote from: Robert Janssen on January 25, 2016, 02:11:01 PM
you're really desperate I suppose one could be made by a nice somebody who happens to have such a tap.

That nice somebody could be you Doc ;) ;D.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

ronluvs2fish

Quote from: Robert Janssen on January 25, 2016, 02:11:01 PM
meh, 16 x 1 is a little unusual. They can be found as jam nuts on pneumatic cylinders, if you just happen to have a bunch of those around. Or here https://www.fastenal.com/products/details/11509286  or if you're really desperate I suppose one could be made by a nice somebody who happens to have such a tap.

do you have the tap to make that nut?? what would you charge?

Robert Janssen

Yes.

Charge? Oh, idunno. Chalk it up to forum goodwill, or pay it forward.

What is this, just a regular hexagonal nut? Size and thickness? Any additional features?

Robert Janssen

All right, so here it is then... 4 mm thick, 22 a/f, stainless steel.
Put your adress in my inbox and i'll drop in the mailbox.

RowdyW

It's amazing what can be found or made on this forum. The impossible becomes possible from all over the world. A guy looks for a part in GA. & finds it in Sweden. Great going Robert.                                           Rudy   

Alto Mare

Quote from: Robert Janssen on February 03, 2016, 01:54:52 AM
All right, so here it is then... 4 mm thick, 22 a/f, stainless steel.
Put your adress in my inbox and i'll drop in the mailbox.
Doc, I was only joking above, but I'm glad you're helping him out. I bet you can't find a nut as the one you just made in any store. ;D
Nice move my friend ;).

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

gstours

This is above and beyond the call of duty!  Robert J your deserve Kudos in heaping amounts.   I hope the reel fishes a lot , and you rest on the lollys of doing a good deed.   Many would give a left nut to have a friend like you.    This is the best Forum with the best players.   

Tightlines667

Wow!  :o

That is some serious goodwill there.  Better be careful or everyone is going to be requesting 'custom' nuts 'n bolts.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

boon

The same nut is used to lock the bottom of the strut insert in an Ohlins 50mm shock absorber, and they are really quite rare, especially in stainless.

Robert J, what a legend.

ronluvs2fish

i been working many hours and just saw theis... i will send my address. thank you all for the suggestions. it is driving me insane that this nut is soo hard to find. i didnt think it wouold be a big deal... so much info on these pages. im glad i found you all

Reel 224

Quote from: ronluvs2fish on February 16, 2016, 02:24:06 AM
i been working many hours and just saw theis... i will send my address. thank you all for the suggestions. it is driving me insane that this nut is soo hard to find. i didnt think it wouold be a big deal... so much info on these pages. im glad i found you all

The people on this site have a wealth of knowledge and expertise that is for sure, most of all generosity!

Joe     
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."