113H projects?

Started by steelhead_killer, February 17, 2016, 01:26:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelhead_killer

Am I missing something here.  Tom has his 114 plates in production and Alan has his plates, spools and frame project.  Which is the way to go in building a 113?  I committed to each, just wondering?

I don't want to stir up any stuff, but I am confused???

Andy

><)))">

MarkT

Narrow topless frame and spool, 4:1 gears and a stainless gear stud and you're good to go fishing for the rest of your life. I never liked plates, they just add weight and get scratched up. The frame is the big thing since it holds the sideplates in better alignment and adds stiffness.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Maxed Out

Andy, they are different reels..

Alan C is making a super narrow 113H with a frame and left plate as one single piece and narrower than any previous 113H. The reason Alan is providing a spool is because this is a new width and this narrow spool doesn't exist....yet

Toms 113H plate sets can be built as narrow as a tib T4N or extra wide or anywhere in between. It all depends on the frame and spool you choose to use. BTW Andy, you typed in Toms "114" plate sets, when you must have meant 113 plate sets.

If you are getting in on both, you are not alone. Both these guys make high quality components and hindsight wont get you anything a few months from now when they're all sold out.....just like the jigmaster plate sets.

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

MarkT

If you're going all in then you'll 'need' both a narrow 114h 6/0 and a narrow 113h 4/0.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

DaBigOno

Quote from: steelhead_killer on February 17, 2016, 01:26:25 AM
Am I missing something here.  Tom has his 114 plates in production and Alan has his plates, spools and frame project.  Which is the way to go in building a 113?  I committed to each, just wondering?
I don't want to stir up any stuff, but I am confused???
Andy

;D
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Black Pearl

Quote from: Max Doubt on February 17, 2016, 02:54:00 AM
Andy, they are different reels..

Alan C is making a super narrow 113H with a frame and left plate as one single piece and narrower than any previous 113H. The reason Alan is providing a spool is because this is a new width and this narrow spool doesn't exist....yet

Toms 113H plate sets can be built as narrow as a tib T4N or extra wide or anywhere in between. It all depends on the frame and spool you choose to use. BTW Andy, you typed in Toms "114" plate sets, when you must have meant 113 plate sets.

If you are getting in on both, you are not alone. Both these guys make high quality components and hindsight wont get you anything a few months from now when they're all sold out.....just like the jigmaster plate sets.

That is correct. I would suggest a member to get Tom's side plates that if a member has the Tiburon spool and frame already. It is not worth it to get my kit if you already have those parts from Tiburon.

I check out the cost for a narrow frame and spool from Tiburon is around $142.95, and my kit is $165.00 for frame with left side plate, spool and right side plate. It is like you get the left and right side plates for about $23.00. We shall see.

--Alan C.

steelhead_killer

Ahh ok thanks!  Still want both  ::)  can't wait!
><)))">