rust in new reel

Started by wallacewt, February 11, 2011, 04:08:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallacewt

fin-nor ma20.when are these clowns ever gunna wake up.reel has never been used and its rusted.the 2 c-clips holding the screws on the reel seat look like mild steel.i cant tell because they are rusted.easily fixed but $300/$400 reel.i hope nobody buys them.im wild.

Dominick

Wallace:  Take a deep breath!  There.  Feel better? Wow! you were really upset there. Bryan, post the pictures so we can get the whole site aggravated.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Daisy

I see what you mean Wal, nothing like rusty bits on your new saltwater reel to get the blood boiling, it's no place for any steel grade less than 316 (Why did they even invent 304?), by the look of those they're probably mild, not necessary take 'em off and throw 'em away.

Cheers and Empathies, Daisy
Aw c'mon sweetie? I only need one more reel :-D

Dominick

Wallace:  Now that the photos are posted, I can see why you were as cross as a frog in a sock.  Taking a close look at the photos, I'm as mad as a cut snake ;). Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.