dis-continued penn jigmaster accurate side plate bearing cups

Started by fishhawk, February 22, 2016, 02:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishhawk

Help!!!...I have lost all of my accu-plate bearing cups (handle side)! Does anyone know of a replacement or source?
Thanx
Mark

PacRat

I used Tom Hryniuk's bearing cups in an Accurate Magnum. The Magnum only has a tail-plate cup so I used his knurled cup for easy adjustment without a tool.
Mike

DaBigOno

On the "handle-side" you can use a g200 series bearing and cup on those accurate plates
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

DaBigOno

Quote from: fishhawk on February 23, 2016, 05:43:59 PM
Thank-you! g-200 as in newell?
Mark

Sorry Mark,

Looks like I put my foot in my mouth again.   ;D

I knew the diameter and thread-pitch of the bearing cups were the same, and that they used the same bearings

but the problem is the difference in the bearing cup height

that doesn't allow you to center the spool properly.
I'll see if i can modify a Newell bearing up to work in the handle-side accurate plate.

Interestingly, the accurate bearing up will not work in a Newell reel because of a centering pin in the accurate bearing cup

Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

fishhawk

Quote from: DaBigOno on February 25, 2016, 05:01:10 PM
Quote from: fishhawk on February 23, 2016, 05:43:59 PM
Thank-you! g-200 as in newell?
Mark

Sorry Mark,

Looks like I put my foot in my mouth again.   ;D

I knew the diameter and thread-pitch of the bearing cups were the same, and that they used the same bearings

but the problem is the difference in the bearing cup height

that doesn't allow you to center the spool properly.
I'll see if i can modify a Newell bearing up to work in the handle-side accurate plate.

Interestingly, the accurate bearing up will not work in a Newell reel because of a centering pin in the accurate bearing cup

Thanks! Thank-you for going through the trouble. I hope many readers benefit from this!