newell bearing cups

Started by fishhawk, February 23, 2016, 03:53:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishhawk

Do any of the newell bearing cups fit accu-plates?
Mark

PacRat

I just checked my Newells and the bearing cups are not compatible with Accurate,

Accurate will interchange with Pro-Gear and Tom Hryniuk's Cortez Conversions bearing cups.

Mike

fishhawk

Thank-you mike! Pro-gear huh? Well thats a start! What I'm (and a few others) are needing is the right side. Maybe Tom will build some if we are interested? I know they are hard to find and without them theyre useless!
Thanx Mike!
Mark

PacRat

I think Tom already has/makes these as his plates are modeled on the Accuplates. He has slotted and knurled cups. I prefer the knurled for the tail-plate and slotted for the drive-plate. Check and see if Tom can hook you up.

The Pro-Gear cups were I checked were in a 541.

PacRat

To be clear; I physically checked these against an Accurate 500 Magnum tail-plate. I don't have any regular Accuplates but as I recall I believe Tom modeled his plates on Accurate. I also found this quote from Tom that should suffice.

"While I was making the standard cups for the Jig Master plates, I ran a bunch of knurled knob style cups that will fit all the Accurate  "AccuPlates" from the 140 thru the 4/0. Yes, the Squidders, the Jiggys, the 3/0's and the 4/0's! These fill all Cortez Conversions plates as well, but they won't fit Lee Pro. This is for the non-handle side for those of you who like to adjust the tension or side load on the spool."

fishhawk

Yea mike. I have his knurled cups on my accu-plates. I wanted to put new bearings on the handle side of these plates so both sides would be new. Now of course I couldn't get bearings out of cups so I sent them to brian for him to extract. Well brian got my bearing envelope but nothing in it! Just a hole in it! So now I have 4 useless accu-plates! On my research I found out Aiala also has a set of plates with no cups!
I messaged Tom and hopefully he will help us out.
Thanx again Mike!
Mark

foakes

Gotta love the Post Office, FishHawk --

What type of envelope was it in?  A good one, or just paper?

Maybe it is just my recent experiences -- but it seems as if they are getting more careless and uncaring.

And when you go to adjust a legitimate claim -- they tell you that you have to do it online, provide all documentation, fill out all claim forms, proof of value, receipts, or?, And in some cases -- even go through the sending Post Office -- not your local branch.  How do you do that???

An example is this Penn 209 that was obviously ran over by a truck or forklift somewhere enroute.

This is how I received it -- and they obviously took a lot of time and effort to make sure it arrived as damaged.

Many of these workers are making $30 to $50 an hour -- how many workers did it take to make sure this damaged reel got to me with more than a few disclaimers telling me that "WE CARE" ? -- and the claim is still not resolved.

Got to laugh -- no use crying -- just move on.

Anyone can make a mistake, or damage a package -- just step up to the plate and handle the matter with honesty -- capably and efficiently. 

Interesting and telling -- no where on the plastic disclaimer bag is there a name, phone number, email address, or anything accepting responsibility or a solution -- just blaming the volume of mail and distribution technology.  I thought they existed to serve their volume of mail.  Plus, this is obviously a case of non-care -- not easy to blame anything else on this issue -- but they are trying to.

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

fishhawk

Hi Fred, it was in a medium duty envelope. The post man had to know the envelope was torn! Like your experience just a down-right shame!
I had one guy I buy parts from but never received them and he told me he didn't doubt because he had lost 2 newell's in the last 6 months w/ tracking numbers!!!.....It just ain't right!!!
Mark

thinkwahoo

Not sure of the Accurate thread size, but the Newell bearing cup threads are 15-32 which are not found in a machine book, but are found in electric book for thread sizes.