Grease gun??

Started by Sharkin904, March 06, 2016, 03:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharkin904

I spent a few hours yesterday running around trying to find one like Alan's to use with a blower needle..no luck. The threads on the gun are much larger than I'd need. Anyone have any ideas/preference of one I can order online? No need for anything fancy, it's just me and a few reels for myself and friends.

Reel 224

PM Alain T he has the kit.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

swill88

Quote from: Sharkin904 on March 06, 2016, 03:05:17 PM
I spent a few hours yesterday running around trying to find one like Alan's to use with a blower needle..no luck. The threads on the gun are much larger than I'd need. Anyone have any ideas/preference of one I can order online? No need for anything fancy, it's just me and a few reels for myself and friends.

I got this one... works fine

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B000G76OKW?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

Reel 224

Quote from: swill88 on March 06, 2016, 04:45:05 PM
Quote from: Sharkin904 on March 06, 2016, 03:05:17 PM

I got this one... works fine

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B000G76OKW?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

He has the have Alan's needle valve kit also.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

AlasKen

I picked up my small grease gun at the local auto parts store, I picked up the needle valve at a sporting goods store and just cut the end off a bit, and an adapter that went from the gun threads to the needle threads also at the auto store in the area by the grease guns.  I just took the needle valve with me and tried different adapters until I found one the worked.  I have 2 of the small grease guns, one for the needle valve and one dedicated to the bearing packer.  Perhaps overkill based on how much time I find to work on my equipment but that is a different story.  Ken

handi2

Same here Ken. I ended up with 3. 2 have different greases and one for the bearing packer.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Ling

I buy grease in the large tubes and use it for everything from my reels to my tractor.  For me it ends up being about a tube every 12 months or so and at $15-18 a tube vs $4 for "cheap" grease, it is no big deal.  I reload my small grease gun full from the big gun and it is dedicated to the bearing packers.  I find it simpler and easier to use a 60 cc syringe for everything else.  I just pump 20-30 cc into it from my large gun and that lasts me almost a year on my 7 reels.  It fits much better in the small repair case I take on trips anyway.  That's just me.  I found a small gun for screw holes and the like more awkward than the syringe, but I only do a few reels.

Sharkin904