Shots from the Shop

Started by Keith K, February 17, 2011, 01:57:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

It's been tough. :'(  I got some free time on my calendar, so I thought I would run down to Cabo for a few days of fishing.  The thought I had was hmmm cigarettes are only $3.50 a pack in Baja.  I can smoke a couple of packs and not bring any back.  Well something came up can't go until Thursday if at all this month.  Just thinking about sitting in a boat, line in the water and cigarette hanging out of my mouth.  I'm dying here :D.  That's funny, die with them and die without them. ::) Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Nessie Hunter

Re: Shots from the Shop!!!!!

Well Im sort of new to the site and just saw this.. So here goes..
I have one dedicated bedroom as my Man Cave - Computer stuff, Fishing gear and work station.
I live in the High desert (Hesperia) and found its to hot in summer and to cold in winter to work in the garage, so 5 years ago I moved the work bench/station into the house. 
So far its has worked very well.  Cant use stinkyl/flammable cleaners etc so have to use other methods.
Dont have a Parole officer or Warden so can pretty much do as I please!!  LMAO

In the Cabinet - My personal Reels & gear.  Also have half the closet filled with stuff!!!

Cabinet open..

The extra table I bring in for larger Quantity of work (when needed)..

Cabinet to left of Computer.  Those boxes on floor have a Quanyum Aruba 20pts from Mn, waiting for parts, and the box all 17 of the current reels came in.

Work Bench & computer area.

Misc tools etc.

Shaft Pin pliers I made, tried to weld pin punch on another pair, FAIL ! ruined temper of pliers..
I really need a pair of Pin Pliers that work well.  Saw some in Japan Yohoo, but ???

Set of pics I recently found at Harbor freight, ones in my hand pull Bearings very well!!!
You can never have to many picks!!!

Close up of bench.  The towel is a Motel Bath mat. Very tight weave and folded works perfect for me.

Long shot of bench....

Currently working on 6 new Trynos Reels with worthless drag material (see post).  Here is some Carbontex washers and Sheet that Dawn provided me with in an attempt to cut & fabricate New Carbontex drags for these 6 reels!!! ???  Stay tuned for that!!

So, thats my Low budget shop in a nut shell.. 
Have plans to save a few $$ and get the Bearing packing set up from Alan ASAP.
Retired, broke, low budget..  But its a labor of love...

I am currently on a quest to find Pliers to remove the Shaft Pins, that are such a PITA!!
I have already had to Buy 1 customer a $85 Pluton Spool assembly!!!  Wont do that again!!!

Sorry the pics came out in reverse order....  :-)

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Nessie Hunter

Oh BTW about 6 or 8 of those Reels in the Cabinet are going to a Garage sale 4-2 to raise a few $$ for a worthy causes & youth Fishing programs. 
Like that Giant Daiwa Opus spinning reel, some Penns & couple low end Shimano reels (Spinning and Round)..
I pick them up during the year when the price is right and rebuild them to Donate to Kids programs and Youth fishing outings etc and do sell some to Donate the Cash....

;D

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Norcal Pescador

N-H,
Very nice cave. I'm jealous! ;D  Nice to hear someone else has summers that are too hot (I'm in Redding) and when winter rolls around I bundle up in the garage. Nice to hear about the donations for the kids' fishing programs. I've done a few overhauls for "Wounded Warriors" and need to donate some more. Nice collection, too. Keep up the good work! 8)
Welcome aboard!
Rob
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Keith K

Whoa.  Serious shop.  A sheet of carbontex.  Looking forward to the end result of that!

Nessie Hunter

Quote from: Keith K on March 19, 2011, 09:18:47 PM
Whoa.  Serious shop.  A sheet of carbontex.  Looking forward to the end result of that!

It worked Super Great, easy to cut, shape and sand etc...
See end results in Shimano Tutorial Forum =  Trynos Problem..  Pics...
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

spes

The hotel bath mat will be applied to your credit card ;D

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: spes on March 20, 2011, 09:07:38 PM
:D :D :D :D :D
Excellent!!
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

alantani

thank you.  it's been a long and very tiring day, and that was my chuckle for the day.   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Nessie Hunter

They have to catch me first!!!!   LMAO 

that was a good one.. !!

WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

spes

Actually I meant to thank you,
I must have reserved the room after you.
I stepped out of the shower, slipped and fell.
Tore my rotator.
And collected 1M settlement.

It hurts to reel, but I can do it with a smile on my face  ;D