Shots from the Shop

Started by Keith K, February 17, 2011, 01:57:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keith K

The first pic is from a couple of years ago in the garage, and the second is from yesterday (I've since moved into the office to be near the computer).  It would be cool to see how you all wage war.  Post up your action shots!

Norcal Pescador

Keith,

Is that special carpet that doesn't dissolve small parts like dog springs? ;)   I wish the reel companies would quit using carpet-soluble parts! ;D
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

wallacewt

the beer is getting warm,but the pint glass is mt.goodonyah

Keith K

Quote from: norcal pescador on February 17, 2011, 03:15:42 AM
Keith,

Is that special carpet that doesn't dissolve small parts like dog springs? ;)   I wish the reel companies would quit using carpet-soluble parts! ;D

Dog springs vanish into thin air.  The carpet eats those little washers near the spool bearings.   ;D

Roger

Quote from: norcal pescador on February 17, 2011, 03:15:42 AM
Keith,

Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain

Steve-O

HOW DO I WAGE WAR? .....see accoutrements on the wall. All but the middle one crafted by yours truly.

When I was testing the bamboo ocean rod for durability and to gauge its class I took several shots from this side of the room showing my bench and clutter. Then I posted a clear shot from the other side of the room. People don't sneak up and scare me......more than once, anyway. Enjoy.

Steve-O

Dominick

Keith:  I looked at your work bench.  I am jealous.  Sitting there is an open pack of Marlboros and a back up pack :'(.  I quit smoking and when I work on reels at my work bench, I reach for my non-existing cigarettes :'(.  I am writing this because, I am going through a crisis right now.  I want a cigarette.  If I had some smokes around I would gladly light up.  To get a smoke now would require that I get in my car and drive to the nearest gas station for a pack, but writing this is helping the urge pass.  I am deciding whether to buy some cigarettes for my trip to Mexico in May.  I used to smoke on vacation and give it up when I got home.  About 3 years ago I didn't give them up when I got home.  That's the danger of vacation smoking.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Keith K

Steve-O --That mistake can only be made once!  Fine weapons.

Dominick --Check out the second pic...no smokes.  I haven't had one since July '09.  I am not super human.  I would love one )especially right now to go with my Jack over ice).  I just know that I can't.  Good luck, bro.

Dominick

Yeah, Good Luck to you also.  I opened a good bottle of Zin this evening, and I coulda used one.  Dom

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Hang in there Dominick. I hear everytime you light one, you loose an hour of your life. We need you around for many more years to set us straight every now and then.....you old goat. I used to smoke 3 packs a day when I was a foreman for a construction company. In 1990, I quit the job and smooking  at the same time, I never went back. I only miss one to tap the tip of the line when tying a hook. Keep seeping that zin and you'll be ok. Good luck to you, Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

flip

Know that feeling Dominick. Gave up a a few years back.
Now get no pangs of guilt when buying new reels.  ;D
Go out and reward yourself!

Dominick

Quote from: flip on February 27, 2011, 08:53:34 AM
Know that feeling Dominick. Gave up a a few years back.
Now get no pangs of guilt when buying new reels.  ;D
Go out and reward yourself!

YeahFlip: I know what you mean.  I made the mistake of going to Hi's Tackle yesterday.  It was guilt free, but now I have to let my wife buy another pair of shoes.  Dominick

alantani

i'm feeling guilt free as well!

been sick as a dog the last few days, had a nice nap this afternoon, thanks in part from a shot of bourbon (thanks, keith!) and woke up to a little sunshine left in the afternoon. i've been needing to get the road grime off the excursion so i got out the hose, the soaper and a couple of brushes.  when i asked my wife to help, she said "it's too cold out here ....".  well, i'm finally back inside, just finished hacking up another couple of lungfuls of mucous, and i'm thinking that another shot of bourbon sounds reel good right about now!  >:(
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Keith K

Mmmmmmm...lung cheese and Knob Creek...Get well soon Alan, and thanks again!

broadway

Hey Dominick,

I'm 35 years old next week, and the only thing I haven't been able to shake from my life is cigarettes.  I had the will power to lose 60 lbs. (from 246 to 190), but I can't shake these things.  Pretty soon I gotta try to quit these stinky, health destroying, ugly, disgusting cancer sticks.  Stay Away Pal... like Sal said, "we need you around ya old goat!"
Dom