SX MC Spool rubbing

Started by barkley1956, March 11, 2016, 10:45:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barkley1956

Good Day All,

Just did a total cleaning and lube (opened all bearings) of a buddy's SX MC. Upon assembly the spool is rubbing on the right side of the frame. It ceases when I add drag. I am at a loss.  ???

Wicho5981

I think the spool shafts pin is not in place completely left side of the frame their is a hole where the pin and shaft suppose to fit perfect.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

SoCalAngler

When you go back into the reel make sure the belleville washer are like this (()).

bigbassfisherman

I think I know what the problem is. I had a similar thing with my SXJ MC. I think the spool is rubbing on the magnet for the cast control. For me, it happened when I changed the order of the bellevilles to get more drag. Does the spool rub when you put the side plate on, before you add the preset knob? Then, does it spin freely when the knob is tightened? If that's what it is, then I don't think there's anything to worry about.

barkley1956

Bellvilles are correct ()(). Replaced the right side spool bearing, probably have to change them all one at time just too see if that cures it. It is definitely not hitting the magnet. I will keep you posted!

Keta

Shim washers on the drag plate spring gone or in the wrong place?
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

SoCalAngler

I have not opened my SX in a while but I did play around with the belleville washers without much luck. If I remember correctly they need to be (()) and not ()() which makes the stack wider and pushes the spool to the right a bit.