Slosh 30 help

Started by thorhammer, March 15, 2016, 10:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorhammer

Need help; can't find full tutorial showing how to reassemble jack parts and ar spring. Was going to do the tutorial myself but can't get it.  There's still a bit if a back story on this reel; if I can get this done  the reel will be back together for first time in years.  My cousin reeled it up off pier in not so fine shape years ago. 
Anyone have pics? Schematic not helping.
John

Marcq

Quote from: thorhammer on March 15, 2016, 10:26:09 PM
Need help; can't find full tutorial showing how to reassemble jack parts and ar spring. Was going to do the tutorial myself but can't get it.  There's still a bit if a back story on this reel; if I can get this done  the reel will be back together for first time in years.  My cousin reeled it up off pier in not so fine shape years ago.  
Anyone have pics? Schematic not helping.
John

Not sure what you're looking for
Is that it
http://www.planetseafishing.com/reviews/read/strip-down-review-of-the-daiwa-sealine-x-30shv-reel

Marc..

thorhammer

Thanks Mark; that's an Shv similar but different from Slsh.  The key piece is an additional plate next to jack and over pinion vs Shv.  I took down one of my shv's to reverse engineer but no cigar; it's just different enough plus has floating spindle.

John

Marcq

Man that's why I love my Penn reels. Not much info on the net for that reel, surprisingly for a quality reel like this

Marc..

Fish-aholic

John, I will be happy to oblige (supply pictures) but you will have to wait until tomorrow for them. ;)

Steve.

thorhammer

Steve this one was in pieces in a jar for six years until I decided to tackle it last March. It will wait a day! Thank you for your help.

Mark, Tru dat.. It's actually a really good surfcaster, you'd think there'd be more on it. But a 525 mag it is not.

John

Fish-aholic

John, I have the pictures on my memory stick which I couldn't find, but now I know it's over my brothers. I'll be seeing him tomorrow so I'll try and get you those pictures by Monday. Thought I'd come on here and let you know rather than leaving you hanging. ;)

Steve.

Ps/ foakes aptly named reel parts in jars, coffee can reels. :D http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=16610.0

borchcl

Check out the instructions for the frame upgrade at www.socal-fishing-hunting.com/SL20SH
It might show what you need.
Charlie

thorhammer

Quote from: Fish-aholic on March 20, 2016, 12:16:45 AM
John, I have the pictures on my memory stick which I couldn't find, but now I know it's over my brothers. I'll be seeing him tomorrow so I'll try and get you those pictures by Monday. Thought I'd come on here and let you know rather than leaving you hanging. ;)

Steve.

Ps/ foakes aptly named reel parts in jars, coffee can reels. :D http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=16610.0

Thanks dude! You're the man! Yep, Fred hit the nail on that one....If, no WHEN I get it back together I'll post some decent pics of what was a travesty.

thorhammer

Quote from: borchcl on March 20, 2016, 09:05:48 PM
Check out the instructions for the frame upgrade at www.socal-fishing-hunting.com/SL20SH
It might show what you need.
Charlie

Thanks Charlie, I will check it out!

John

Fish-aholic

Quote from: thorhammer on March 21, 2016, 03:12:44 PMThanks dude! You're the man! Yep, Fred hit the nail on that one....If, no WHEN I get it back together I'll post some decent pics of what was a travesty.

I'll look forward to the update.  ;)

Here's the pictures I mentioned that may help:

:)

Alto Mare

Nice clean display of the parts...good job!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

jaypeegee

The black gloves make me think that this was done at 3 am in a government office after having beaten multiple security systems.
I blame TV.

if that is the reel in question, it looks very nice and clean.

Bryan Young

I believe the eccentric bumps need to be above the yoke.  That may be your problem.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

SoCalAngler

Kind of like what Bryan is saying if you take off the side plate with the reel in freespool or in gear you should make sure the jack is in the same position when putting back on the side plate. With a few of my Daiwa reels as I start to push the side plate down so I can install the side plate screws the side plate will not go down fully to the frame. When this happens I move the eccentric lever from freespool to engaged or vice versa with some light pressure on the side plate and everything clicks into place and the side plate sits flush to the frame.