Changing Gear Ratio on an Ocea Jigger 5000P

Started by Niloticus1, March 17, 2016, 06:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niloticus1

Hi,

I've just become the proud owner of an Ocea Jigger 5000P but would like the higher gearing of the non p version (4.9 vs 4.1 iirc). Can anybody advise whether the gearing is interchangeable between the two? If so is it possible to get hold of a set of higher ratio parts? Alternatively, I believe the Trinidads shared gear components with the OJ range? Again, can anybody confirm the corresponding Trini that would be able to donate gears?

I know this is a long shot but if you don't ask....

Finally, does anybody know of a source of drag plates for a carbontex upgrade? I know Cal's no longer make them. Any other upgrades worth considering such as handles?

Cheers

Dave

MarkT

I don't know that you need to replace the drag plate on that like with the original Toriums.  Carbontex washers for the Trini 40 should fit.  Get some Cal's drag grease too if you don't have any.  Doesn't it have the oversized power handle on it? 
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Keta

I too came into possession of an OCEA Jigger and just this morning, a 2001NR-HG, and am impressed with the reel.  I would bet the drag washers are Dartanium II and are CF.  I have no clue as to the gear change.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain