How is it that?

Started by anglingarchitect, March 19, 2016, 08:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anglingarchitect

We start these projects, that we gauge interest from members for a custom part, and then when the numbers become reasonable that the projects go forward and the people that commit sometimes don't even get one before they are gone?

These preorders placed in these threads are not recorded except to begin production, and then when available ordered again?

Bryan Young

I have no idea.  I keep a running list on a spreadsheet myself

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Shark Hunter

Its a lot to keep up with Mark.
What is it you need?
I might be able to help.
You just have to keep the mindset that it doesn't exist until you hold it in your hands.
Life is Good!

SoCalAngler

Sorry to hear that. If you preordered something and did not get the part/parts then you contacted the seller through e-mail or a PM and they didn't try to correct the issue, then IMO it should be known who the seller is, what issue the seller said was the problem and what they did to correct it.

I know stuff happens and sometimes things fall through the cracks, no one is 100% all the time. But if you tried to resolve the issue and the sellers reply was something "woops sorry I missed that" I think that should be known to others that may preorder from the same seller, so they know the risk is.

I have to say this is the first time I have heard of such a thing here and I'm sure it does not happen often.  Many factors can come into effect in this situation (on either parties side) and if they can't be fixed in a private manner I think it may benefit the forum to know whats going on.

RowdyW

A preorder is to see who is interested. Posts are put out when there is going to be production. Orders are taken for quantity & color. Extras are usually made on a first come first served basis. I'm sure your order was not posted by you or you would have been sent a bill for the product when they were ready for delivery. It's up to you to follow up on your order if indeed you were on the order list. Even after the orders went out there were still extras for sale. You snooze, you lose.

Alto Mare

I believe this one is related to the 113H custom bridge.
No one is getting cheated, all the information on order dates and delivery is here:
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=16773.msg175521#msg175521
This could be a misunderstanding between me and Mark, I'm good doing that.

All is good.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

twotone

If it's 113h custom bridge, I would be willing to part my order.

I think the demand for these will be good and more will be made.
twotone

anglingarchitect

Apparently this is a misunderstanding on my part of some of the posts at the end of the 113h bridge thread, referring to the parts availability. Sorry no trying to be  trouble maker, I love this place.

Sorry if I misspoke.

Mark