Main Menu

March Snow

Started by Reel 224, March 21, 2016, 02:35:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reel 224

We have snow tonight >:( 1"-3" are predicted, that is okay with me. Our Magnolia has bloomed I hope that the buds survive. Good thing it's going to in the 60s this week.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Marcq

There's always a last one in the season Joe, hope it was  :)

Marc..

Reel 224

It was only a light dusting as a mater of fact Ruth seen a Groundhog this morning running in the back field ;D I guess he had snow shoes on.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

BMITCH

Joe, any word of any back bay stripers yet??? Down your neck of the woods they get them up on the mud flats fairly early...don't they??

Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Reel 224

Quote from: BMITCH on March 21, 2016, 03:20:04 PM
Joe, any word of any back bay stripers yet??? Down your neck of the woods they get them up on the mud flats fairly early...don't they??

Bob

No word yet Bob.

Joe

Shark Hunter

Joe,
My Magnolia didn't bloom that great this year. Seems like every other year.
My Crabapple and one of my smaller pear trees bloomed magnificently. ;D
That particular pear must be some kind of Hybrid. I've never trimmed it, while my others grow 20' tall and have to be trimmed every other year. The Crabapple is in the front.
Life is Good!

MarkT

The airport in Denver is closed today due to a blizzard!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

RowdyW

No snow here. Airport open in Fort Lauderdale. Come on down!  ;D ;D ;D

Reel 224

Quote from: RowdyW on March 24, 2016, 12:44:57 AM
No snow here. Airport open in Fort Lauderdale. Come on down!  ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D

Joe

Alto Mare

Was 70 here today, tomorrow if it goes past 74, we might break the record.

I want to go fishing, but unfortunately need to work :-\.

Daron, that yard looks well manicured, very nice. Are those Bradford pears? Out Township gives them out free if anyone wants one. Some streets are lined with them and look amazing.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

A Bradford Pear and a Crabapple Sal.
Life is Good!

Reel 224

I also have Six Bradford Pear lining my front yard along the road side, they are just starting to bud. My yard doesn't look as clean as Daron's yet because of the leaves that blow all over. But Ill get to it sooner or later. ;D

Joe

sdlehr

Quote from: Alto Mare on March 24, 2016, 02:14:58 AM
Daron, that yard looks well manicured, very nice.
x2. And I love the rich shade of green that the grass gets in the spring when it's waking up from the winter.... nice yard, Big D! Our whole house and yard could fit in the section of your yard in the picture. Less to keep up in a zero lot line development.... stuff grows 12 months a year down here.

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Shark Hunter

I have an Acre. That is just part of the back.
I try to keep it nice.
Life is Good!

sdlehr

Quote from: Shark Hunter on March 24, 2016, 04:55:48 PM
I have an Acre. That is just part of the back.
I try to keep it nice.
It does look nice. You've got 8x the space we do. I've got 1/8 the maintenance that you do! ::)

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector