water temp;

Started by wallacewt, February 18, 2011, 04:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallacewt

does anybody know a good site for water temps;off western australia.was told usa has the best.thanks

kamuwela

N.O.A.A. is where we get our info from. they have water temp. doppler. and also wind condition's dont know if it cover's your area tho.                                                                       good luck
                                                                              aloha
                                                                              kamu

wallacewt

went onto the noaa site and came up with weatherzone.com site for oz.shows the 24deg;current being pushed up against the coast where i live.blue/striped marlin etc;are starting to show.lot of fishers seem to think its due to the cyclones.i have no idea but the temps right.thanks kamu,we are going out tues weather permitting

dustin.brace

You could give surfline.com a try. I get my surf information from there. They include wave info, current wind conditions and water temps. Not sure if you will be able to get much for AU but it is worth try.
" height="90" width="160

Taily

Try this bad boy from the Oz Bureau of Met... http://www.bom.gov.au/oceanography/forecasts/index.shtml

Hope this helps, I've used this for my local area (Pt Stephens) for quite some time and found the SST info deadly accurate and a good way of keeping tabs on how close our good mate the east Oz current (more importantly the eddies spinning off it etc) is and how warm it is.

Dave
Nunc est bibendum....

wallacewt

thks taily ill give it a try

Harry

wallacewt

Dominick

wallace: Do you have Terrafin in Australia?  I looked at the site but it did not show Australia.  Where is Australia anyway???   ;D  Check Terrafin.com from there maybe they will have something.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

wallacewt

harry,im a complete novice at this but fishing mate karl is a wiz.he is talking about getting maxsea12,very expensive in oz.anybody got a usa price
pesca,we are down under,because we like to look up to people ::)

redsetta

Commonly referred to as West Island in NZ...  ;)
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Dominick

wallace:  I wasn't kidding about Terrafin.  Costs about $90 USD a year.  Very reliable information.  Check out- http://www.terrafin.com/sstview/index.php Maybe an email from a fisher group might them to post sea temperatures "down under."  I trust that you know i hold aussies in high regard :).  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

wallacewt

thanks dom,i sent them an email
redsetta,isnt nz a suburb of oz.i know the 3rd biggest city is sydney per population.wellington,auckland, sydney.make no mistake your most welcome ;D

redsetta

Undeniably true Wallace - one big antipodean family.
Except when it comes to the rugby, of course...  ;D
Good luck for Sunday.  ;)
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer