Golden State Warriors themed Phenix PHD838MH

Started by Jon Vadney, March 23, 2016, 11:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon Vadney

Just finished this one up for a new client.  PHD838MH, carbon fiber grips, alps aluminum trigger seat, GSW themed (go dubs!), Fuji MNSG's, acid wrapped. 

Alans Buddy

Sweet as always Jon!
What's the intended use?

Jon Vadney

Quote from: Alans Buddy on March 24, 2016, 03:10:53 PM
Sweet as always Jon!
What's the intended use?

Thanks Ben,
He's gonna use it for an all around bay area rod as well as taking it to socal.

foakes

To me, it is always amazing and wonderful -- to see such consistency, skill, and perfection -- with a Pro.

It is hard to imagine what goes into these masterpieces -- to a rod novice like me.

These guys are working within a level that only 1/2 of the top 1% ever attain.

I am just a reel mechanic -- but there are many exceptional rod and reel artists on the Alan Tani site.

And many of the ones coming up -- are getting better and better every day.

I am in awe of them.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Marcq

Mac53

Jon,

The carbon fiber grips intrigue me.  Is this a new grip material or has it been around for awhile?  Pro's, Con's?

Mac

MikeS51

Jon Vadney

Sorry for the late reply....I've been swamped lately.  Thanks everyone for the kind words :)

Quote from: Mac53 on March 24, 2016, 11:47:48 PM
Jon,

The carbon fiber grips intrigue me.  Is this a new grip material or has it been around for awhile?  Pro's, Con's?

Mac

Hey Mac, The carbon grips have been around for a little while.  I think they are pretty sweet but I don't know if I would take them over cork or foam.  They certainly look cool though.