Grouper Italiano

Started by pjstevko, March 29, 2016, 10:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjstevko

I've used this recipe for grouper, triggerfish, and mutton snapper. My personel favorite fish to use for this is triggerfish. West coast fish could be lingcod, yellowtail or any other firm meat fish

I only ask that if you try it out you let me know how it worked out for you

1: Preset your oven to about 350-400

2: In a glass baking dish coat the bottom of the dish with olive oil

3: Place one can of drained stewed tomatoes on the bottom of the disk

4: Place one large grouper (lingcod, yellowtail, triggers, muttons, cuberas, redfish would work too) fillet on top of the tomatoes

5: Cover fillet with artichoke hearts, mushrooms, minced garlic, more drained tomatoes and then sprinkle with a little parmesan cheese (adding olives is great too but I'm not a fan so I don't)

6: Bake for 30 - 45 minutes depending on thickness of fillet

7: Sprinkle a little more parmesan cheese on before you serve

8: Serve over pasta or rice

cbar45

Thanks, saved your recipe and will give it a try using triggerfish, aka "poor man's lobster".

Big Tim

PJ that looks awesome. I will try it with some Lingcod after our trip. Be vary wary though. Remember the stir I caused by putting cheese on fish Italiano style  ;D Just saying.

BT

Alto Mare

Quote from: Big Tim on March 30, 2016, 01:01:50 AM
PJ that looks awesome. I will try it with some Lingcod after our trip. Be vary wary though. Remember the stir I caused by putting cheese on fish Italiano style  ;D Just saying.

BT

:D :D....that looks good PJ, thanks for sharing.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Big Tim

Quote from: Alto Mare on March 30, 2016, 01:15:37 AM

BT

:D :D....that looks good PJ, thanks for sharing.

Sal

My man Sal in the house!  ;D

BT

Marcq

That would be pretty good on Linguine
Marc..

Reel 224

Pj; Ive cooked with Artichoke heart many times but not with fillets of fish, sounds really good.....except the cheese  ;) ;D

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

pjstevko

BT

Yeah I read that thread and was rolling with laughter.....I almost didn't post this recipe just for that reason but with the lingcod opener right around the corner I thought maybe a few people might want to try out a new recipe.

Plus I don't know much about reel repair or conventional reels so I thought I better start contributing where I can  ;D

ChileRelleno

Wondering how Sheepshead would do this recipe...  Sans cheese.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

pjstevko

Anyone try out this recipe yet?