Hello everyone from the new newbie

Started by Nasty Wendy, March 30, 2016, 12:03:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nasty Wendy

My name is Clay and I'm a happily married man.  Yes my screen name can lead you to believe otherwise but it is the name of my car and became the login name I used on the first forum I ever joined.  The forum was based on the car I own (Buick Grand National) and I've used the same name for every forum I've ever joined since.  I love to fish, it keeps me connected to my late Grandfather who ingrained that love into me.  Living in south Louisiana is heaven for a fishing lover and therefore I'm living the dream.  Now I need to get some advice, info, and instruction on keeping my gear up to top notch standards and improving its weaknesses through modifications.  I think I'll like it here.
Hi I'm Clay.
Lets raise our children to be Super Fishermen not Superficial men and women.

The more I interact with people the more I like my dog.

foakes

Welcome aboard, Clay --

Glad you clarified your user name.

Unlike many forums, we have what is referred to as the "12 Year Old Rule".

Basically, nothing is allowed that we would have an issue if our younger daughters saw it.

Kind of corny and old fashioned for some nowadays -- however the tone of the entire site reflects these common values that we all share.

No paid advertising, no profanity, no arguments -- just respectful sharing of information among members who have a passion for learning how to work on, service, and upgrade their tackle.

It is a family.

About 2,000,000 unique hits a month.

This site is one of the standard bearers of the tackle world.

Look forward to your posts, questions, and sharing.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

STRIPER LOU

Welcome aboard Clay. You wont find a better place to hang out. A ton of people here with unlimited talent!
...............lou

sdlehr

Clay, you sound like you're going to fit in just fine. If you need anything, just ask.

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

Welcome Clay. I'm sure you'll fit right in. Share as well as ask.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Nasty Wendy

Thanks everyone and thanks for the 12 year old rule explanation.  I have a wicked sense of humor and I will have make sure I keep it rated 'G' which won't be a problem.
Hi I'm Clay.
Lets raise our children to be Super Fishermen not Superficial men and women.

The more I interact with people the more I like my dog.

bigggfish

Reel 224

Quote from: Nasty Wendy on March 30, 2016, 02:54:05 AM
Thanks everyone and thanks for the 12 year old rule explanation.  I have a wicked sense of humor and I will have make sure I keep it rated 'G' which won't be a problem.

Sense of humor  ;D ;D We have plenty of that around here also.....just ask Dominick. ::) ;D Welcome Clay.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Tiddlerbasher

RiverAngler

Welcome Clay! I have been reading and learning here for over a year and just recently started posting. These folks made me feel so comfortable with the site I just couldn't resist asking questions. That said, You do indeed live in a "Sportsmans paradise". With exception of the humidity, I'm jealous.

Ralph
Parents don't frame pictures of their kids playing video games. Take them fishing!

fishhawk

Welcome Bro.! S.E. or S.W. la.?
  Mark

anglingarchitect

Been to Venice a few times you got lots of fish in and just off shore of that delta.