Hungarian Partridge w/Pears, Apples, & Nectarines

Started by Tightlines667, March 30, 2016, 02:08:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tightlines667

Apple/Brown sugar brined & baked Hungarian Partridge w/Apples, Pears, and Nectarines...topped with a brownsugar/butter glaze.  Served with wild rice, green bean casserole, and stuffing.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Tiddlerbasher

Reel 224

All you need is a Partridge that speaks Hungarian ;D ;)

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

STRIPER LOU

Man, that looks Sooo good. Partridge is one of my absolute favorites and is much, much better than chicken. Unfortunately with all the building going on here I have not seen a grouse in years. The only part of this picture I don't like is I'm not there to help you eat it!
Enjoy and all the best,  ..  lou

PS Although not as fancy as what you've done, another quick way that comes out really good is your seasonings of choice and into a cooking bag with a half cup of white wine.

Reel 224

Quote from: STRIPER LOU on March 30, 2016, 02:06:05 PM
Man, that looks Sooo good. Partridge is one of my absolute favorites and is much, much better than chicken. Unfortunately with all the building going on here I have not seen a grouse in years. The only part of this picture I don't like is I'm not there to help you eat it!
Enjoy and all the best,  ..  lou

PS Although not as fancy as what you've done, another quick way that comes out really good is your seasonings of choice and into a cooking bag with a half cup of white wine.

Lou: If I knew you in the day when Ruth and I were hunting with our Brittanies you could have had all the Chucked Grouse you could eat.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

STRIPER LOU

Reel 224

Lou; I wish we had our dogs! You would be fat and happy. ;D

Joe

ChileRelleno

That looks very good.

Never had Grouse/Partidge, but I've had plenty of Pheasant and if if they're similar as I think they're... Yum!
We used to stuff birds with a stuffing made of sweet onions, apple, raisins, walnuts, honey, brown sugar and butter.
Glazed them with honey, brown sugar and butter.
My wife brines our turkeys, but I've not taken the time to do any other birds.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."