drag washer for titus

Started by forrest, February 19, 2011, 11:43:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

forrest

Hi everyone, I have 4 okuma titus t10L and t15L, real bad leverdrags, bored and trying to save them, they have a canvas drag washer with the four ears on them, OD44mm or 1.735, ID18.5mm or .730, thickness 2.20mm or .86 " it doesnt appear that any of smooth drags are close, I was wondering if any of penns ht100s will work, thanks forrest.

Bryan Young

I'm sure Dawn of Smoothdrag has something.  She has other drag washers that are not listed in the list.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

call okuma.  they should have carbon fiber upgrades.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

forrest

Hello alan, talked to okuma before only offered upgrades in the gold not the graphite, forrest

alantani

here's one....

#6-25 ($6.25) / hex 22.88 min, 26.07 max x 54.13 x 1.22 / 25 gls, shimano tld 15

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

JGB

As far as I can tell the Titus  and the Titus gold share the same spools and drag disks.
In the past I would simply order the carbontex upgrade drags for the TG. This kit will consist of a carbontex drag disc and a black canvas pad. Im all the Titus and TG's I've upgraded it was either a simple grease and replace. If your Titus are older and use a canvas disk bonded to a metal plate it takes a little more work. To keep the proper spacing it is necessary to peel off the old canvas drag from the plate and then clean off the adhesive with a wire wheel. Use the steel backing plate along with the the new canbontex disk greased on both sides.

For the final piece: If the drage cover screws on clockwise you need to put some lock tight on it too keep it from spinning off.

Jim N.