130 lb mono diameter

Started by thorhammer, March 31, 2016, 02:22:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorhammer

Hey folks, I recently bought some 130 mono; looks to be new spool but I swear it looks thin...anyone got an average diameter of 130 or can anyone mic some real quick? It's Mason and mic's at .02.

thanks! 

STRIPER LOU

John, a normal range for 130 would be .044 to .050. If .020 has a breaking strength of 130 its some pretty amazing stuff! Please let us know if you test it and what your findings are.
Regards,  ..  Lou

thorhammer

Lou, that's what I was thinking..it just is not as stout as the 130 leader I had around...

Shark Hunter

It should at least mic .05.
I use Exsum 130 and its about 1.3mm. I crimp it with 1.6mm crimps.
Life is Good!

foakes

Just checked a coil of 130 mono with the new measuring thingy Ted gave me -- 1.29 mm.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

RowdyW

Quote from: foakes on March 31, 2016, 04:41:59 PM
Just checked a coil of 130 mono with the new measuring thingy Ted gave me -- 1.29 mm.

Best,

Fred
Fred how did you ever measure accurately before. That antique you used could never measure that close. Now the next step is a micrometer. :D   Rudy

foakes

If it fit, I just used it Rudy...

What is a Microm-eater?

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

RowdyW

What is a Microm-eater?

Best,

Fred
[/quote] I think it's a gadget that can double as a "C" clamp. ;D ;D                                                                        Rudy

thorhammer

Rancanfish

My microm-eater walked off somehow.

Pretty clever Fred.   ;D ;D
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.