New Drill Set

Started by foakes, April 02, 2016, 05:02:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rancanfish

Fred, I wait until Xmas to buy extra batteries as they have a 2for 1 price then.

I have been using Ridgid Lithium 18v for years.  I stumbled on three of the impact screwdrivers on close out for $50.00 each at Home Depot.  I kept two and gave one to the bro-in-law.

I still use their 18 volt Ryobi's too.  I have the set with recipro, drill, circular and flashlight.  Same deal on xmas batteries. Two big lithium batteries for $99.  I use these tools constantly so I have no use for the small batteries.

Corded tools?  I never need them for what I'm doing.  With the exception of the Bosch electric jackhammer.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

foakes

That is true, Randy -- and I will have to get some new DeWalt batteries for my 2 drills, impact, sawzall, and work light -- not much use without them.

I just got tired of buying batteries. 

These new technology Gen5 batteries are supposed to last twice as long -- and hold their charge 4 times as long -- and they have a lifetime battery replacement at no extra charge -- just got to register the product within 90 days.

We will see.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

swill88

Following is my 'go to' Makita impact driver for all screws.
Metal framing to cabinets.
Actually has more finesse and control than a drill motor with a clutch.
This one is from 2002+/-  and has outlasted a few batteries and a fourth story scaffold fall on a siding job.
Has lost its plastic/rubber cowling and its luminescent ring... oh well
Made in Japan (can barely make it out on the motor label if you look close). Not cheap. Worth every penny.
Has never needed repair!
Weight 3.6lbs with the big 3.0AH battery.

This is the newer model. Three electronic speeds, again, for finesse.
Made in Japan. Not Cheap. Worth it if used every day.
Weight 2.8lbs with the 1.5AH battery

These cordless impact drivers have the power to drive sockets on nuts but they excell at driving screws.

foakes

If any of you purchased this drill set from Home Depot --

It just went on sale for $149 -- instead of $169.

And if you are a veteran -- you still get an additional 10% off.

And at the store, just the exact same 1/2" hammer drill is on sale for $179 -- without the impact driver.

They have a 14 day price adjustment guarantee -- I was at 15 days today -- and went to homedepot.com -- filled out a contact form with my request for a $20 price adjustment -- they got back to me within 2 hours saying they would be glad to honor the lower price -- and I could expect a $20 credit on my VISA card plus tax -- within 3 to 5 days.

That is good customer service -- especially on a Sunday.

Plus, I have had a chance to use this set over the last 10 days -- and it is as good or better than the Dewalts -- but time will tell.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Tiddlerbasher

Boys and their toys (I mean tools) ;D

Dominick

Tools rhymes with jewels.   ;D Just joking.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Reel 224

Quote from: foakes on April 17, 2016, 11:01:09 PM
If any of you purchased this drill set from Home Depot --

It just went on sale for $149 -- instead of $169.

And if you are a veteran -- you still get an additional 10% off.

And at the store, just the exact same 1/2" hammer drill is on sale for $179 -- without the impact driver.

They have a 14 day price adjustment guarantee -- I was at 15 days today -- and went to homedepot.com -- filled out a contact form with my request for a $20 price adjustment -- they got back to me within 2 hours saying they would be glad to honor the lower price -- and I could expect a $20 credit on my VISA card plus tax -- within 3 to 5 days.

That is good customer service -- especially on a Sunday.

Plus, I have had a chance to use this set over the last 10 days -- and it is as good or better than the Dewalts -- but time will tell.

Best,

Fred

I called today and received my refund response in my E-Mail today. Thank you Fred.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."