Any goodies for Senator 114 6/0

Started by Marcq, April 05, 2016, 01:17:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcq

Just pulled the trigger on a Black Senator 114 6/0, biggest reel ever  ;D should get it next week

What is out there for upgrades? It comes with a metal spool, will be changing that for an alu one what else?

Thanks, Marc..

RowdyW

SS gear sleeve, yoke, & dog. No gears available. 114H Tib or Accurate frame will fit. Same handles available for the 114H will fit. Not as many options as a 114H. If it has 3 washer drags, 5 washer drags are available from Scott's.     Rudy

Marcq

Quote from: RowdyW on April 05, 2016, 01:29:56 AM
SS gear sleeve, yoke, & dog. No gears available. 114H Tib or Accurate frame will fit. Same handles available for the 114H will fit. Not as many options as a 114H.     Rudy
Thanks  a bunch Rudy  8)

Marc..

Shark Hunter

Looking at that picture Marc, you are going to need a handle side bushing as well.
Life is Good!

Marcq

Quote from: Shark Hunter on April 05, 2016, 01:41:33 AM
Looking at that picture Marc, you are going to need a handle side bushing as well.

Yup!! I hope the part is just missing
Was wondering, I know you use bigger Penn for the type of fishing you do(shark) How would that 114 fare ?
Marc..

Shark Hunter

Compared to a 9/0, I don't think it has the groceries. ;)
The smallest reel I bring is a 114H from the beach.
Life is Good!

Marcq

Quote from: Shark Hunter on April 05, 2016, 02:28:38 AM
Compared to a 9/0, I don't think it has the groceries. ;)
The smallest reel I bring is a 114H from the beach.

:D :D I see what you mean ;)
Thanks Daron

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Marcq

Quote from: Alto Mare on April 05, 2016, 02:45:03 AM
Some 6/0's could make a 9/0 crawl back in their hole ;)

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=13855.msg140747#msg140747

Sal
Wow!!Didn't remember seeing it. That was nice Sal  8)

Marc..

Shark Hunter

Two different Animals Sal. That is another one of a kind based on the 114H, not the 114.
The 114H Based Wex is a 9/0 on steroids, as is your unique reel.
The regular 114 just doesn't have the guts.
I have at least a half dozen Tanked 9/0's.
I really think they are the most powerful Senators there are in a compact package.
Until I get a 10 footer under my belt, I will be running 12 and 14/0's and a 9/0 on the side. ;)
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Yup, the 114 is different animal... still very capable reel.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

RowdyW

Marc, the 114 will make a great Grouper reel  for the biggins. :D It will pull like a winch with it's 2 to 1 gearing.

Bryan Young

I have one of these too.  I need to make a drag kit for them as they are excellent grouper reels, but there is a need for a little bit more drag to stop those monsters.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

ez2cdave

Quote from: Marcq on April 05, 2016, 01:17:30 AM
Just pulled the trigger on a Black Senator 114 6/0, biggest reel ever  ;D should get it next week

What is out there for upgrades? It comes with a metal spool, will be changing that for an alu one what else?

Thanks, Marc..

Marc,

I don't think you can change over from the original Chrome / Brass spool over to the Aluminum one from a Penn 114 H . . . 

The shafts are different, because the 114 uses Bushings and the 114H uses Ball-Bearings.

I have a very clean, original 114 Chrome/ Brass spool, if you are interested ?

If you have already gotten an Aluminum spool for a 114H, I would be willing to do a "straight swap", depending on the condition of the aluminum spool.

ez2cdave

This is the difference between a 114 Spool and a 114H Spool . . .

114 is on the LEFT . . . 114H is on the RIGHT !