Avet SX cold weather issue

Started by Andiesean, February 25, 2011, 12:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andiesean

I have an older model Avet SX 5.0:1 reel. When using this reel in cold weather here in New England, I loose drag pressure to the point where you can not use the reel. Get home and warm the reel up to room temperature and it works fine. I know others who have had similar issues with their reels. Is there a fix for this?? Any help or info would be greatly appreciated!!

Alto Mare

Hello Andiesean, do you know what type of washers you're using ? Some reels  require dry washers in cold climate. If greased, in some cases the grease becomes stiff  and could couse what you are experiencing.  I'm sure you will receive other answers on this.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

There has been a lot of comments about spectra slipping in cold weather.  Cold it be???
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

yup!  toss the reel in the freezer and check to see if you have spectra slipping on the spool. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Andiesean

That what it was, spectra slipping. All fixed now. Thanks for the help!!

alantani

yup, the spool shrank when it was cold!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!