109, 109LH, 109S, 109SLH Level Wind Reel

Started by sdlehr, April 10, 2016, 09:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdlehr

Please post your questions about the chronological history of this reel, or your reel, in this post.
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Rob Ciminieri

This is one of my old favorites. I was cleaning it up abd as you may have seen in anothwr thread i couldnt figure out the eccentric spring. MO65 you are a lifesaver!

Bill B

Rob that reel is not worthy of your talents, you should send it to me for proper disposal.....IN MY DISPLAY CABINET!!!!   ;D......nice reel brother good job on the clean up....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Rob Ciminieri

mo65

Rob, it looks like the levelwind line guide is popped out of it's slot. The slot is in the top frame post. It should just pop back in with a little push...but if it wont...just loosen the top post and turn it a little. Reinsert the line guide and make sure it moves freely in the slot before tightening back down. Reel looks great! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Rob Ciminieri

Thanks once again Mo. i finishish it last night before bed must have had one eye closed already. I will fix it and repost . Once again Mo cant thank you enough

thorhammer

That reel is fantastic, haven't seen one!  Now Bill is a super guy and won't let me pay fir beer, but he is misguided here... clearly that 109 belongs over here with its brother... ;D

mizmo67

Love those old green reels. Looks great!
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

Bill B

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Rob Ciminieri

Mo here it is with the level wind correct. Thanks. Couldnt wait to get home to fix it!

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

thorhammer