Discovery Channel video on Okuma factory "How it's Made"

Started by alantani, April 14, 2016, 05:55:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

Discovery Channel video on Okuma factory "How it's Made"
John Bretza <john@okumafishing.com>  Today at 2:20 PM
Message body
Guys,

Discovery Channel Taiwan just recently produced a killer video on our Taiwan factory showing the development process of our high end Makaira, Andros and Metaloid reels.  I thought all of you would find this very interesting even if you are strictly a freshwater guy.  It will give you a great appreciation for what Okuma is producing and accomplishing in the market.  Feel free to share this link with your fishing friends. 

Sincerely,

John Bretza
Director of Product Development
Okuma Fishing Tackle and Savage Gear
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Shark Hunter

Pretty Impressive.
I know you stand behind these reels boss.
The bigger models are well known for catching the big ones.
Life is Good!

foakes

Thanks, Alan --

Great video!

You know a lot about the history and folks at Okuma.  I know just a little.

But from what I do know, it is sort of like a Nascar race -- currently Okuma is drafting behind Penn and Shimano in these big reel markets.

But if this video proves anything -- it is that Okuma is dedicated to quality, and also set and carefully prepared to pass Shimano, and possibly Penn sometime during the next lap or two.

Kudos to them.  They have earned their place the hard way.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

tacklerat

Bryan Young

That was great Alan.  Thanks for sharing.

The reel assembly can be viewed by the publics through glass windows in their museum factory in Taichung, Taiwan. Unfortunately I went there in a weekend and the factory portion was closed.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D