Larger Bearing Packer - 1" to 1.5" and metric equivalence

Started by Bryan Young, February 28, 2011, 06:17:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you be interested in purchasing larger bearing packers for larger trolling reel bearings?

Yes
14 (82.4%)
No
3 (17.6%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: March 30, 2011, 06:17:03 PM

Bryan Young

With reference to Alan's bearing packers, would you be interested in purchasing larger bearing packers, similarly to http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=870.0 for larger trolling reel bearings?

If larger than 1.5", please add comment to the largest size you would be interested in purchasing.  Also, please indicate a reasonable price you'd be willing to pack for the larger bearing packer.

If there is a good interest, we may price out a quantity to see if it's financial reasonable to provide a larger bearing packer.

The pole is open for 30 days.  This should give us an idea if this is something that should be looked into further.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

kamuwela

i could use a set that can do 50's to 130's and im sure most of the repair shop's here would be interested.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Cortez_Conversions

Of course! Let me know what you want size-wise, and I'll work something up.
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

broadway

I use and love the bearing packers... Just did 14 bearings today in no time flat... I'm in on that special run if it happens... gonna be getting into the big game scene soon so gotta get prepped.  1 for me please  :P
Dom

Dominick

Hey Dom: Did I tempt you with a Baja run? ;D  The Good Dom
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Bryan Young

Quote from: Cortez_Conversions on March 01, 2011, 07:39:58 PM
Of course! Let me know what you want size-wise, and I'll work something up.
Hey Tom,

I'm gonna meet up with a bunch of folks in Hawaii to measure bearing out and will get back to you.  Looks like a good niche market for sure.  Still waiting to see if it's financially feasable.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

broadway

Dominick,

It definitely helped  ;) , but I've been psyching myself up for a lil' sharkin'  and tuna fishing in the canyons or mudhole (NJ/NY) for a few years now.  My only problem is the lack of dedicated crew members (with experience).  I've got a bunch of fishing buds, but it ain't easy snatching up employed and married  >:( guys from their wives for a full day trip... especially all 3 guys on a week day, which is when I'm off work (they aren't).  This year I got a plan... I'm going to grab one buddy of mine on a Monday and let him think we're going striper fishing for a few hours... emphasize on the THINK!  ...We goin' SHARKIN' Boy!!!  Hope he doesn't realize the different gear, chum buckets, 200 lbs of ice, food and drink for 24hrs, larger baits, gaffs, harpoon (better leave that in the galley-it's a dead give away ;) Hey Dom... wanna here some great tournament fish stories from your trip.
Dom

Dominick

Hey Dom:  Is your boat big enough to run to the canyon?  You gonna need mucho petrol amigo.  That's where the Big Eye lurk.  When I learn how to get my photos over from PhotoBucket, I'll post them on the fish picture thread.  Dom
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

broadway

It sure is... 320EC World Cat w/ twin 300 suzuki's.  Worse case scenario I could bring a 50 gallon fuel bladder to be safe.  Here Fishy fishy fishy!
Dom

alantani

kamuwela-san, 1.5 inches works?  tom, delron?  the cost of brass would be prohibitive......

kamuwela

im pretty sure that should be fine. but ill measure out a few and get back to you

Bryan Young

Hi Alan,

Did you want to come up with a prototype before I leave for Hawaii?

Bryan

alantani

kamuwela

bryan saw a great design here today will show you on monday