9/0's- almost done!

Started by thorhammer, April 22, 2016, 02:20:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorhammer

I had a bit of time yesterday so I finally got around to spooling up the remaining 9/0 and mounted up. A member did me a real solid on a 9/0 a few weeks back, and the 115 he sent me had better bits than the one I built out around Tom's frame. So, out come the wrenches and drivers; the CC frame now built out with better plates and rings and steel main from the other reel, T-bar handle, SS sleeve from the Boss, Carbontex from Dawn, aluminum spool. Turned out pretty well.

The other I kept stock, with the exception of being out of rod clamps and brace kits. I got impatient, and so drilled and filed up a set from industrial stock- all SS and aluminum. Very beefy but I'll replace with clamp upgrade; $8 is not worth my additional polishing time to get it where I want it for this rig. The original amber handle, which is my favorite vintage color anyway, has some really nice marbling in it; it is the most striking one I own and is in really good condition on par with the rest of that reel.

Both pieces got 80lb backing on spool to prevent slip, followed by 100lb PP and topped off with Ande 80lb Green Envy.

CC 115 is on an older Thorhammer for the moment; the stock motor is on a custom I picked up years ago because it had good bones but needs to be rebuilt...that project I will share later.

John

thorhammer

more pics

STRIPER LOU

Very nice John. Ready to do some damage!!!
............Lou

sdlehr

Nicely done, John! Rods are also beautiful...

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

David Hall

Very nice, I have yet to start mine.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Cone

Nice reels! I'd like to be able to hear them singing!
Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD