$.50 drunk oysters and marinaded flat iron steak for my SJ Sharks

Started by Big Tim, April 23, 2016, 07:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Tim

Family is all gone so yesterday I go to the market and find Oysters at $.50 a piece and a couple of flat iron steaks perfectly aged and marked down 1/2 off  ;D Take them  home and put the steaks in a Kinder's Original Marinade, oysters in the fridge and back to work I go. Steam the Oysters in beer and cilantro, then an ice bath while the steak is searing to a rare perfection ( my opinion) . Break out the Surf Board platter, crack the oysters and top them with a dash of sea salt, cilantro, lemon and Tapatio. After a well rested steak, it get's the knife. Surround with a Lagunitas IPA an a chilled glass of Black Rum. Then watch the Sharks eliminate the Kings from the Stanley Cup Playoffs!!! Hell Yea  ;D

BT

Dominick

Yep good times but I can't take raw oysters.  It's like swallowing snail snot.   :D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Marcq

Big Tim

Quote from: Dominick on April 23, 2016, 08:52:58 PM
Yep good times but I can't take raw oysters.  It's like swallowing snail snot.   :D Dominick

I've never had snail snot Dom, that's why I steam my oysters  ;D You would like them.

BT

Dominick

Do you know how to make Oysters Rockefeller?  That I can go for.  Delicious.  $.50 is cheap.  You got a good deal.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

swill88

STRIPER LOU

I guess its a acquired taste. They're actually quite good raw and are very sweet.
There was a place on the Ct River called Harbour Park. One night a week for happy hour they would have them for 25 cent each.
They were Bluepoint and are quite big. I'd bring my own hot sauce. The most I could eat was 4 dozen. They would also serve them lightly fried in butter. That's one happy hour I really miss.

..................Lou

Big Tim

Quote from: STRIPER LOU on April 23, 2016, 10:22:16 PM
I guess it requires a taste. They're actually quite good raw and are very sweet.
There was a place on the Ct River called Harbour Park. One night a week for happy hour they would have them for 25 cent each.
They were Bluepoint and are quite big. I'd bring my own hot sauce. The most I could eat was 4 dozen. They would also serve them lightly fried in butter. That's one happy hour I really miss.

..................Lou

;D ;D ;D I learned to eat Oysters on 1/2 shell in Grotton Conn. while in the Navy, about 1982...They were cheaper by the dozen for sure

BT

Marcq

Quote from: STRIPER LOU on April 23, 2016, 10:22:16 PM
I guess it requires a taste. They're actually quite good raw and are very sweet.

..................Lou

I like them too raw, 1 once of Vodka, horse radish, tobasco sauce, a bit of lemon and a few drop Worcestershire,miam miam   8)

Marc..

El Pescador

Big Tim,

WHAT???

No Ling Cod from our Morro Bay trip????

Very much enjoyed waving goodbye to you as we continued northbound on Hwy. 101 & you veered east on Hwy. 46 heading home to Fresno.

BTW, did you know James Dean died on Hwy. 46??

Man o'Man, next time thru Fresno, I'll stopping by for dinner!!!! 8)

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

conchydong

I only like oysters raw or fried. I guess it is an acquired taste. I also like my steak rare.
Love the beer and Rum combo.

ChileRelleno

I'll take oysters raw or just about any other way they serve them.
Best snail snot I've ever eaten.

What's the ol'saying, " First man to eat a raw oyster was either very brave or starving to death."

That plate looks awesome, very nice dinner!  8)
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Reel 224

Quote from: Dominick on April 23, 2016, 08:52:58 PM

Because you have to chew before you swallow  :P ;D

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

bluefish69

Restaurant Depot has Oysters -- 100 - $39.00.   Sal knows this place. I wish I had a walk in box.

Yes I eat them anyway they are served

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.