Little Help on an old Ambassadeur

Started by LAHossman, April 26, 2016, 04:34:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LAHossman

I have a old Ambassadeur frame foot number 165221. Wondering if its a Pre 70's reel? Been to other sites
and tried to look at predated reel numbers. I am trying to track down a schematic. A friend gave me a box
full of old Ambassadeurs. Trying to salvage whole reels and will sell the leftover parts.

I'm not positive on this but I would think that your reel is not a 70's vintage reel. The foot numbers in "classic" pre 1980 ish Ambassadeurs went like this, the first 2 numbers signify year of production, the 3rd and 4th numbers signify month of production and the last 2 numbers signify the revision number telling you how many updates, upgrades or changes were made in the model the frame originally was attached to.  This is per the book "Small Ambassadeurs" by Sjaastad and Svensson.   Each owner of Abu eventually changed the numbering system so many different systems are out there.  I even have a 2500c that has a frame stamped "sample".  Somewhere on page one of this sub forum there is a post on Nonclamature and foot numbers by Ken D. that you might be able to find and research this.