Unable to see somephotos

Started by Jerseymic, November 04, 2016, 06:17:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerseymic

Hi Everyone,

In the last couple of days I am unable to see some photos in the posts, all I get is a little black square with a white cross in the middle. Even the photos that some of you have beneath your posts are the same, like the one Shark Hunter has of him holding his Everol.

Is this happening to anyone else?

It is the same on both my laptop (windows 10) and my desktop (windows 7)

Mike.

bluefish69

Started today with pictures missing on some posts

Different Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

hope the host server is not compromised! keeping, my fingers crossed!

oc1

The missing photos all seem to be photobucket links.
-steve

Jerseymic

Thanks for letting me know guys, I am not very good with technology.

Working on the laptop at the moment, an hour ago the desktop has gone kaput, no dvi signal, sounds like more expense!!

Mike.

Shark Hunter

Photobucket has been down since last night. They really can be a pain sometimes.
Life is Good!

Fish-aholic

Photobucket is down at the moment and this creates broken links to images. Lets hope its not going to be permanent or there will be a lot of worthless tutorials, articles and blogs on the www :-\

foakes

Recent Outages -- Photobucket

Today ~ 5h 05min
November 3 ~ 1h 16min
November 2 ~31min
October 28 ~11h 19min
October 27 ~10h 28min
October 26 ~ 2h 02min
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Dominick

PHOTOBUCKET IS DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE.  HANG IN THERE AND CHECK LATER.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Jerseymic

Fish-aholic

When Photobucket is up and running again, maybe those of you who are reliant on the aforementioned host should start thinking about backing up your images/work elsewhere as a contingency plan? that's 'if' you haven't already. Just a thought.  ;)  

alantani

if anyone wants access to the photo hosting service here, just let me know. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Jerseymic

Quote from: Fish-aholic on November 04, 2016, 07:01:50 PM
Photobucket is down at the moment and this creates broken links to images. Lets hope its not going to be permanent or there will be a lot of worthless tutorials, articles and blogs on the www :-\

You are back with your big reel buddy, so all seems good again.

Mike.