Recommend me a braid line 80#

Started by steelfish, April 28, 2016, 11:46:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

newport

I tried quite a few different braids, and have to say the suffix 832 is my favorite by far. It casts well. It breaks way higher than the stated strength. I believe a 20lb breaks at over 40lb. The diameter seems comparable to other brands as well. But you're right, it is quite expensive compared to other brands. I tried the regular power pro and never had any issues with it. I like it, but I also hear and read a lot of complaints of breakages and windknots that I don't hear about suffix 832. Never had problems with spiderwire as well, but haven't really used it as long as power pro and suffix. Some other brands I have used, but can't remember. Honestly, I would probably go with the original power pro if you're using it on a boat instead of casting from shore, because I never had a problem with it. Just make sure you buy it at a reputable shop, since I read that there are plenty of cheap knockoffs.

Keta

Quote from: day0ne on April 29, 2016, 05:38:30 AM
Hard to beat Jerry Brown and Keta has a good price on it. Have you considered 60 hollow? BTW, 100 HC is usually cheaper than 80 HC.

And 40# JB hollow is more than 130#...much more.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain