Penn Senator 116L (12/0)

Started by Alto Mare, March 03, 2011, 03:05:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irish Jigger

Quote from: Pescachaser on December 16, 2012, 08:25:26 PMDoes anyone have some spare parts around, I want to build a 16/0?   ;)  ;D Dominick

I have some spare screws 110-60 if that is any help ;D

alantani

i've got some big rings but i don't know which reel they go to.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

What color handle would you like on that reel? Looks like we have everything covered but the spool and stand :(.
There might be someone here that could probably help us with the stand :-\
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Makule

It really depends on the type of guides you are using.  I normally use ceramics with roller tip top and first guide.  For small game, it's all ceramics.  Braid doesn't groove ceramics (as long as I've used it).  Roller guides are not ceramic, but hardened SS.  If they don't roll, they'll eventually groove, like other non-ceramic materials.

Quote from: TARFU on December 16, 2012, 05:28:17 PM
I have a question that's always been bothering me.....when fishing braid or other assorted line that's somewhat abrasive...I mean not smooth like mono...how long will the rod guides last before you groove them and start cutting line?  Seems like if you have 40+ lbs of drag going out at lightspeed something is gonna get abraded and eventually cut...... Would this be a worry on roller guides as well as regular guides?
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

Shark Hunter

I said Ken Anderson rig, I meant Joe Anderson.
as far as getting dragged in, I can always cut the line if I can't handle it. I do plan on being tethered to an unmovable object. The Harness uses you lower body to muscle the fish, If I'm in a chair, I can't do this. Anything fun is Dangerous. No Guts,No Glory!
Life is Good!

Bunnlevel Sharker

The main problem is you need heavier cable. For bigguns 3/32 min. Also cable can be cut by a shark. I have no prolem being harnessed up to a big fish, but the lines gettin cut or the drag loosened if i start gettin dragged to much
Grayson Lanier

Dominick

I was only kidding, but if it can go together I will build it, offer it for sale and donate the money to Alan's favorite charity.  After I use it once of course.   :)  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Irish Jigger

Seriously though,I may be able to help with the stand but not the spool which I understand is as scarce as hen's teeth.

wallacewt

i can get them new for you dom.cheers

Makule

Quote from: wallacewt on December 17, 2012, 10:56:49 AM
i can get them new for you dom.cheers

Sou can get new 16/0 spools?  How much?
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

BMITCH

Ok...I have a lot of stupid questions.. Why lube the Bakelite/plastic parts. Is this to collect salt deposits?
luck is the residue of design.

Alto Mare

No, to keep it out. Try for yourself, have one reel with a light coat on the plates and one without. See which will need a new clicker toungue and clicker spring sooner.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

BMITCH

I get it now. To fill in the spaces between parts?
luck is the residue of design.

Shark Hunter

I rebuilt my 14/0 last night. It has a chrome bridge. Is this an upgrade? or did they come like this? Also,under the sleeve, I used a 12/0 drag washer instead of a big one. It is the same diameter as the original thin washer.
Can you guys tell me how to post pics? I can't figure it out.
Life is Good!

Makule

Quote from: Shark Hunter on December 27, 2012, 10:51:54 AM
I rebuilt my 14/0 last night. It has a chrome bridge. Is this an upgrade? or did they come like this? Also,under the sleeve, I used a 12/0 drag washer instead of a big one. It is the same diameter as the original thin washer.
Can you guys tell me how to post pics? I can't figure it out.

My 14/0 also has the chrome plated bridge.  It's not an upgrade as far as I can tell.
My recollection is that the washer between the sleeve and main gear was slightly larger on the 14/0.  Doesn't make too much difference since you'd want to change that to a CF disk anyway, in which case, just use the same diameter as the brakes.