New Member, First Post, Thanks to all of you

Started by obxguy, March 04, 2011, 01:28:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

obxguy

I want to thank Alan and all the members for allowing me to "go to school" on this site for the last few months. I have always taken fairly good care of my reels(mostly Penns) but was intimidated when it came to a complete teardown, especially where bearings and things that go flying were concerned. But with the help of the tutorials (they are great) and your posts I decided I'd give it a try. So, I have completely gone through seven reels since the first of the year and they all still seem to work :-). I have one more to do. So, again, thanks for sharing the knowledge on drags, grease, bearings, etc. And most of all for the confidence factor. Ron

Dominick

Welcome:  Keep tearing them down (and putting back together). ;D  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Roger

Welcome aboard from South Louisiana. Warning......Tearing reels down and putting them back together can become addicting. ;D ;D ;D
Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain

Bryan Young

Glad that you joined and especially glad that we were able to help.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

broadway

Welcome aboard O.B.X. (So, do you like pregnant chicks?), and roger that Roger!!!
Dom

Dominick

Dom:  You're getting your OBs mixed up.  Dom
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

kamuwela

welcome ron glad you could join us. maybe some day you can post some pic's for us all pic's appreciated
                                                          aloha
                                                          kamu

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

broadway

Boy, you guys are no fun! ...hope OB brought his sense of humor  ;D
Dom

Alto Mare

Welcome Ron.  You will find this site very helpful and addictive in a good way :). Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

obxguy

Thanks guys and I do have a pretty good sense of humor. Yes Alan, OBX is for the outer banks of N.C. I'm about 7 hours inland from there. Great fishing but sadly lots of beach access issues going on in the courts for the last few years. Makes it a little tougher on us surf fisherman types.
Ron

broadway

OBX,
      Sorry to hear about the limited beach access... they did the same thing by us (Rockaway, NY).  Good thing they put  the new saltwater license into effect ($150 lifetime license or $10 annually)... so they can then cut off our access points to the ocean.  New Jersey, evidently has quality lobbyists cause they're fighting tooth and nail (so far successfully) while New York just caved in to Federal pressures.  Good luck and enjoy the greatest site on the net!
Dom

Whippertail

Quote from: broadway on March 04, 2011, 10:13:46 PM
OBX,
      Sorry to hear about the limited beach access... they did the same thing by us (Rockaway, NY).  Good thing they put  the new saltwater license into effect ($150 lifetime license or $10 annually)... so they can then cut off our access points to the ocean.  New Jersey, evidently has quality lobbyists cause they're fighting tooth and nail (so far successfully) while New York just caved in to Federal pressures.  Good luck and enjoy the greatest site on the net!
Dom
X2

Norcal Pescador

Welcome aboard from Northern California. Ouch, seven hours from open water?  I gotta quit whining about being four hours away. :'(  With seven reels done already, you probably are hooked on this stuff! ;D
Rob
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD