Bass rod single foot guide

Started by Rancanfish, May 05, 2016, 02:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rancanfish

I have a favorite freshwater bass rod that I was a bit careless with a pulled the foot right out of the epoxy/wrap. 

It slid right out and left a clean hole with out cracking the finish.

Can I just glue it right back in the hole?  Or do I need to get it repaired correctly?

It's a cheap rod compared to most but it has lots of catching experience and mojo so I don't want to toss it.

Thanks for any thoughts.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Newell Nut

The builder apparently did not do a locking wrap. Get some sewing thread from your wife and tie it securely where the foot bends with a couple wraps. Super glue it in the hole. With a little sewing thread left sticking out of the hole just make a few tight wraps and seal it with clear nail polish. Easy weekend warrior way to save an old rod.

In my shop with tools I would do it different but you should be fine with quick and simple.

Tiddlerbasher

steelfish

Quote from: Newell Nut on May 05, 2016, 02:52:24 PM
The builder apparently did not do a locking wrap. Get some sewing thread from your wife and tie it securely where the foot bends with a couple wraps. Super glue it in the hole. With a little sewing thread left sticking out of the hole just make a few tight wraps and seal it with clear nail polish. Easy weekend warrior way to save an old rod.

In my shop with tools I would do it different but you should be fine with quick and simple.

thats the whole enchilada

nice quick fix for cheapo rods
The Baja Guy