Main Menu

Drone fishing

Started by fsrmn, May 06, 2016, 01:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fsrmn

No more yaking bait out in the dark? I'm in ;D  I just need to learn how to fly it a little better first. >:(  I could just take 2 poles and tie the other to the drone... just in case ::) .  According to the videos on youtube, Australia has been doing it for a while.
Not all fishing is done with rod and reel.

RiverAngler

Novel idea. Yeah, they would Joe.
Parents don't frame pictures of their kids playing video games. Take them fishing!

Makule

I'm looking for an affordable drone to try this.  Anyone have one available?
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

Alto Mare

Quote from: Makule on July 08, 2016, 05:43:20 PM
I'm looking for an affordable drone to try this.  Anyone have one available?
I thought you were old-fashioned as me :-\.  Nothing against anyone that would want to use a drone, but I consider it cheating. Those a not the same as a fish finders on a boat.

On another note, if you still need some Derlin washers for the 10/0's, drop me your address again on a pm and I'll get a couple out to you.
Where have you been Albert? haven't seen you around for a while.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Makule

I'm both old and old-fashioned.  The old says I can't cast as I used to, and the old fashioned says I still fish to eat.  If I can't cast, I can't fish, if I can't fish, I can't eat (although the market has some good catches, but that's cheating).  I'm even giving up my kayak for a drone.

Tore my right should tendons (two) while casting on a fishing trips about a year and a half ago.  Couldn't do much, and then after surgery, could do even less.  It's probably about as good as it's going to get so I can go back to fishing again (which I did last week and caught only a tiny "throw back").  It' amazing how weak the shoulder and arm gets from such an injury and I know it won't ever be like it used to.  Methinks my casting days are over.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

Alto Mare

Sorry to hear  Albert, I hope you get some of that strength back. Yes the drone would make things easier in your case. Good luck!
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

RowdyW

Sal, if drones are cheating then I believe GPS & fish finders would be cheating also. All's fair in love & fishing. Fishing is like a game (Game Fishing) and we are all out to win. Until the rules say drones are illegal it's fair game.  ;)     Rudy     ps Remember the one with the most toys wins.

Alto Mare

Go back and read what I wrote again, I have no issues if anyone wants to use them ;D. I did mention that I don't believe they are the same as fish finders, but that's just my opinion.

Reel 224

Quote from: Alto Mare on July 09, 2016, 03:14:42 AM
Go back and read what I wrote again, I have no issues if anyone wants to use them ;D. I did mention that I don't believe they are the same as fish finders, but that's just my opinion.

You see what I mean Sal ;D

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Shark Hunter

Keep the Kayak Albert. Make someone younger do the paddling.
From what I have seen, these drones are expensive. The baits I use are too big.
When they can fly a 10lb grouper head with a 1 lb spider weight 500 yards out on auto pilot.
I might think about it. ;)
The cheap ones I looked at were $1000.
I can just see it crashing out in the ocean and then I'd be out a couple grand.
I have enough gear to haul. Doing it old school makes the satisfaction that much greater. ;D
Life is Good!

Makule

Yeah, I've wanted someone to paddle out the kayak, but some places are just too risky (very rough and hard to get out of the water).

There are some "heavy lift" drones than can do the job, but they are very expensive (more than 1K) and, apparently, not easy to control.

My satisfaction come from eating what I catch.  Doesn't much matter how I do it.

Quote from: Shark Hunter on July 09, 2016, 04:01:49 AM
Keep the Kayak Albert. Make someone younger do the paddling.
From what I have seen, these drones are expensive. The baits I use are too big.
When they can fly a 10lb grouper head with a 1 lb spider weight 500 yards out on auto pilot.
I might think about it. ;)
The cheap ones I looked at were $1000.
I can just see it crashing out in the ocean and then I'd be out a couple grand.
I have enough gear to haul. Doing it old school makes the satisfaction that much greater. ;D

handi2

One friend brought one over he uses for sight fishing. It was really cool. He flew it over the homes and you can see everything on the handheld unit. The camera was amazing.

It has a built in gps and will accept routes and waypoints. When you let off on the controls it hovers and the gps holds the spot.

It was $1,300.00
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

philaroman

I agree completely, drones are not like fish finders -- they're machines used to target fish that are too far away from shore

kinda' like...  A BOAT  :D ;D :o

mikeysm

Now they developed a under water drone. So you don't need a fish finder.

Mike

Makule

One day, there will be underwater drones with sonar to find fish and go to them.

Quote from: mikeysm on July 11, 2016, 08:09:55 AM
Now they developed a under water drone. So you don't need a fish finder.

Mike