Ciopinno "A mothers day treat for the wife"

Started by STRIPER LOU, May 06, 2016, 11:50:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STRIPER LOU

One of the wife's fav's is Ciopinno. Picked up some roses and then off to the fish market. A pound of large shrimp, 2 lbs. PEI mussels, and a dozen cherry stones. Of course fresh shellfish is the key ingredient, but fire roasted tomatoes really kicks it up a notch. Lots of garlic, onion, EVOO, basil, hot pepper, some baby clams, and a cup of clam broth all cooked on high heat constantly stirring. Seafood added at the last 5 minutes.
It came out perfect and was divine!

The wife loved it. Said she wasn't the least bit full but very happy. She said her stomach was dancing.
I'm full!
I had to go back for seconds. I feel like a beached walrus!!!!!
Its a good thing I don't eat like this every day or I'd bring new meaning to the word TANK.
All have a great evening and enjoy mothers day with your family,
Regards,  ..  Lou

DaBigOno

That looks delicious Lou,

a happy wife is a happy life.

Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

josa1

That dinner just looks great.  Wish I had just a little!  I'm like you, I'd have to have at least a small second portion.

josa1

Alto Mare

Lou, that looks very good, one of my favorite as well.
I'll be making breakfast for my wife and Mother-in-law. Too bad everyone else is going to tag along :-\.
Happy Mother's Day Lou and everyone else here.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

ChileRelleno

Man that looks good, where is the Drooling emoticon?
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

David Hall

Took the wife and kids and their kids all out to dinner, normally I would cook and clean but due to the neck issue this year the wife opted to take it easy on me so we all went out to red lobster.
Only took us 3hrs from the time we arrived until we were done.
But the drinks were good and no cleanup involved.