Navarre 2016

Started by Shark Hunter, May 11, 2016, 04:00:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anglingarchitect

You are so right Chilie no sand fleas, no Pompano, less Whiting, shore birds, etc. and so temporary this fix, beach renourishment my ####.

Where I'm at Cape San Blass, it changed yearly, lots of light house foundations migrate out to sea in my lifetime, as the shore line retreated toward the Bay. Sand build up on the cape, maybe 100 years ago, it was lots bigger with sand extending miles southward of it's current location in my youth. Great Sharking water.

Shark Hunter

Good thinking John. I won't run out of public access to the west.
I had no idea this was going on until last week.
17.4 million dollars for this project. 1.3 million cubic yards of sand.
Life is Good!

broadway

Daron,
   With some help and that shark hunting nose you'll find those finned torpedoes. I was thinking the same as Sal, you work all year for this time and they have tons of sand ruining your spot.
Best of luck and tight lines, pal
Dom

foakes

Daron --

There is probably a monster -- just hoping you don't move down the coastline a bit.

Good Luck!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

ChileRelleno

Last time I was at the spot I marked on Google Earth I saw some really nice sharks on the sand.
8'+ Dusky, several 6'+ Spinners and some that managed to get away.
It is a hot spot.

Saturday will be best in the AM and Sundown till Midnite in conjunction with the tidal flow.
http://www.tides4fishing.com/us/florida-west-coast/navarre-beach
I want to be out there by 4pm and fish for fresh bait.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Shark Hunter

I will see you then John. I know right where you are talking about. The Dozers are right in front of my Condo now and the beach is closed.
The beach is however much larger. They will be past me in a day or two and I will run baits out here. Sharks gotta eat.
I'm thinking they will be cruising to see what all the commotion is. The dredges up close are only pumping the sand. They are dredging it up a couple miles offshore.
My boy is loving all the shells and creatures washing up.
See you soon.
Life is Good!

Tightlines667

Daron,

I like your thinking here.  The dredging activity may actually draw sharks to the area to 'capitalize on the disturbance'.  I wouldn't be afraid to fish 'behind' the dredging activity.  Hopefully the reopen the beach, and move past while the tides are still in your favor.  If you can position your bait near an outflow area, that would be good too.

I foresee a shark on your future.

Best of luck, & keep us posted.

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

thorhammer

Hey dude, years back when I had a condo near an inlet, they had to renourish routinely. it would make a mess just as you show, but the drum and I gotta think the sharks also would be ON from all the grub getting churned up on the bottom. good luck!

Shark Hunter

John,
I went to the spot and fished from around 5pm to dark for bait and didn't catch anything.
I was using sand fleas and shrimp. Nobody else was catching either.
I'll see you in a couple hours and we can show them how its done.
I have a couple chunks of Ray and some Big fish heads.(Grouper and Jack) Bring what you have.
We are three and 0. Time to make it four. ;)
Life is Good!

Tiddlerbasher

Shark Hunter

John, Robin and Me fished for about 6 hours last night. We had no luck. Such is life.
It ain't over yet.
Life is Good!

Reel 224

Quote from: ChileRelleno on May 13, 2016, 03:05:47 AM
Last time I was at the spot I marked on Google Earth I saw some really nice sharks on the sand.
8'+ Dusky, several 6'+ Spinners and some that managed to get away.
It is a hot spot.

Saturday will be best in the AM and Sundown till Midnite in conjunction with the tidal flow.
http://www.tides4fishing.com/us/florida-west-coast/navarre-beach
I want to be out there by 4pm and fish for fresh bait.

I use the same tides chart for Sandy Hook NJ. It works great for us.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

ChileRelleno

Nate and I met up with Daron to soak some baits, and Robby (Army of One) showed up later to join in the fun.
We moved several miles west away from the beach expansion and set up camp, ran baits and settled in.
Daron had a big Grouper head (throat still attached... Heresy!) for bait but it didn't get touched.
We had one very short run on my 12/0 baited with a hunk of Cownose Ray, and a single unproductive hit on a surf rod baited with strips of Spanish Mackerel, neither produced.  Oh well, better some time fishing than no time fishing, though some catching never hurts.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Tightlines667

Thanks for the update.  Touch to beat fresh ray when targeting sharks.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

handi2

I had some guys stop by that have been catching plenty of Pompano using the fake bait called Fish Strips. They said it was way better than any other bait. It stays on the hook.

Pink and white.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL