Slow free spool...Daiwa Sealine 20 SLOSH..how to fix?

Started by BrokeLoser, March 05, 2011, 04:33:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrokeLoser

I have a like brand new Sealine 'slosh' 20 that I picked up used..this thing looks almost un-used and everything seems to function perfectly but the free spool seems a little slow. I've goofed with the spool tension knob and backed it all the way out and it still seems slow compared to my 30 and 40. I know this is no scientific method or anything but...In free spool, with no line loaded, with a good flick of the thumb how long should it spin? I'd like to avoid sending it in for a full overall. Is their a 'quick fix' for this?

alantani

typically you'd clean the bearings and pinion gear (if you do not have a disengaging spool), then lube the bearing with your lube of choice.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

BrokeLoser

Quote from: alantani on March 05, 2011, 04:46:18 PM
typically you'd clean the bearings and pinion gear (if you do not have a disengaging spool), then lube the bearing with your lube of choice.

I've never taken apart a conventional reel before. Is their a step by step tutorial on this reel I can find somewhere?
Thanks Alan

alantani

BrokeLoser

alantani

if you have time, take pictures and let us know how it worked out.  thanks!  alan