Stainless Newell sleeves?

Started by Rancanfish, May 15, 2016, 01:46:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rancanfish

I built the first 113h for my son but know nothing about this series, so bear with me.

I was wondering if, or which 113 / 114 sleeves Newell made for upgrades? 

Which Newell models corresponded size wise? 

Are say 300 series 112h's, 400 series 113h's,  etc?

Thanks.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

bluefish69

Randy

All Newell 200, 300, & 400 Bridge sleeves are the same size. They get a little longer in the 500 Series

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

vilters

newell did not make sleeves for penn reels. they made gear sets and frame/spool kits/replacement parts for penn reels. stainless gear sleeves for penns can be bought from Alan Tani, Alan Chui here on this site, and some other parts suppliers. sleeves for newell reels and penn reels are not interchangeable.

Rancanfish

Ok thanks,  that answered my question.

I am aware of the smaller reel upgrades but my first 113h will be made with Tom's plates and guts from other reels. (Or upgrades from our guys).  I'm just reading lot's and trying to figure what's out there.  I do not want to end up with a bunch of 4/0's sitting around because I bought them for one certain part. 

Besides, I'm doing more fishing in the future,  and collecting cuts down on the funds for that.

I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

RowdyW

Ran, before you even start building a 113H sit down & make a list of every part you are going to need to put it together. Since you are intending to use Tom's plates you will probably need an aluminum frame. If you have a donor reel it should have all the inner parts you need including the spool. Put it all together with the original parts & then you can decide which parts you want to upgrade. Do that before buying a bunch of parts you don't need  or really want. To start with are you going to use old style or new style plates? Are you going to use a new or old style frame. That is just for the start of your build. You have to have a plan before you start.     Rudy