New member 1st post

Started by FMISHIN, March 05, 2011, 06:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FMISHIN

Hi there, first post, found the link from another site and sure glad I followed it.
With info I found here I took my 2 Avet SX's & HX 2 spd apart (one SX was salted up pretty good) ordered some Cal's grease and cleaned & lubed them to perfection.
Getting gear ready for YFT in the NE canyons and wondering where I can find any braided line capacity info for Avet EXW-50s?
Avet only posts Mono capacity. Thanks in advance

Fantastic resources here, great job Alan

Norcal Pescador

Welcome aboard!
Glad to hear the first rebuilds went well.
Here's a link for a line calculator. All you need is the factory line capacity and it works for any reel you've got (or plan to get ;D ).
Rob

http://www.osanglers.org/uploads/Line_Estimator.xls
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

FMISHIN

Hey, Thanks Rob appreciate the link,
John

Alto Mare

Welcome aboard John, don't be shy about posting some picture of you working on those reels. Whether good or bad, Alan will send you a kool wrench. Take care, Sal ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

alantani

no, no, it's gotta be good! 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

How come you sent me one?  :o
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

FMISHIN

Quote from: Alto Mare on March 05, 2011, 11:36:17 PM
Welcome aboard John, don't be shy about posting some picture of you working on those reels. Whether good or bad, Alan will send you a kool wrench. Take care, Sal ;D

Sal, I'll give it a try next time around, Thanks John

Roger

FMISHIN, welcome aboard, from South Louisiana.....
Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain