Can you guess what this is?

Started by basto, May 15, 2016, 11:23:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

basto

What has a 112h stand, posts, spool, drag, and a 500 handle?

DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

RowdyW

According to Penn a 112H spool only fits a 112H.

Tightlines667

Hmmm...

Its not a Lawerance, or Langley. 

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

cwillis85

Looks like a newer long Beach 267
Chris

cbar45

My guess is a modified Seaboy 190. They were decent bottom fishing reels--on the lighter side--but could only be pushed so far due to the graphite sideplates-and-posts configuration.

RowdyW

A 190 Seaboy has a spool with a marking on the end 112. But it does not fit a 112H. The aluminum spool will fit a Longbeach 65.

conchydong

Could it be a Penn that was not released in the USA that fits the 112H spool size? Whatever it is, it looks pretty cool to me.

basto

Quote from: cbar45 on May 15, 2016, 11:48:22 PM
My guess is a modified Seaboy 190. They were decent bottom fishing reels--on the lighter side--but could only be pushed so far due to the graphite sideplates-and-posts configuration.

You guessed it!

and this is the spool that came with it stock.

basto

It had one of the old X shaped stands, but no holes for a clamp. Took the stand off a 210 and had a 500 handle spare.

I was surprised the 112h only had a 4 screw stand. My 3/0 black Senators have 6 screw stands.

Tightlines667

That was fun :)

I always forget about that SeaBoy.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

RowdyW

If you try that spool in a 112h it will not fit. Been there & tried that. That number is just a mold number not what it fits. And the stand is from a LB 66 on a 112H. The posts are the same though. It was guessed with the wrong information. ::)

cbar45

Quote from: basto on May 16, 2016, 12:38:54 AM
It had one of the old X shaped stands, but no holes for a clamp. Took the stand off a 210 and had a 500 handle spare.

I was surprised the 112h only had a 4 screw stand. My 3/0 black Senators have 6 screw stands.

Good to know the slighly beefier 30-66 stand is a direct replacement.

It's been a long while since I've fished or worked on any of the Seaboys, but the sideplates and somewhat circular molding for the bridge plate in your photo looked familar..;)

basto

Quote from: RowdyW on May 16, 2016, 12:44:04 AM
If you try that spool in a 112h it will not fit. Been there & tried that. That number is just a mold number not what it fits. And the stand is from a LB 66 on a 112H. The posts are the same though. It was guessed with the wrong information. ::)

Sorry about that Rowdy. My bad. Thanks for the correct info. I`m learning all the time.
Basto

Ron Jones

The 112H,65,190 all have the same spool; it is just that the steel shaft in the middle is different on the 112H. That is a "mid speed 112H." With the new SS 66 stand it should be quite a reel. I've seen all sorts of gear ratios on the sides of these, not sure what gears they use but 3.5 would be about perfect for pulling a scampi across the bottom.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

RowdyW

SO if the steel shaft is different it don't fit. That means it doesn't fit a 112H. Like I said it will fit a LB 65 ONLY besides the 190 seaboy 1990 & newer. A 113 spool won't fit a 113H because the shaft is different, so does that mean they are the same?? How about trying to put a 114 spool in a 114H? Same spool but it doesn't fit so I would say they are not the same. And as far as gear ratios every reel that's talked about on this forum has the wrong ratio according to you. Just buy a reel with the ratio you want & you won't have to wish anymore for the perfect reel. Or design your own & build it.