http://www.socal-fishing-hunting.com/DAIWA.html

Started by alantani, March 06, 2011, 04:58:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

Very nice stuff that they had created at a reasonsable price.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

ReelSpeed

Reelspeed Reel Service & Repair
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
(562) 261-5190

Brendan

That would be hard to pass up if I owned any of those reels. It's amazing what can be created when you have a high dollar machine with a little down time. Those things need to stay running. Nice work.

Brian A

billystrikero

Wow, aluminum 7075 was utilized. And certain "experts" said it could not be done.

bowbah

Alan,

I've been lurking on your site for a while and getting lots of great info.  Thank you so much for all the great info you put on here.

Just wondering, what would be the advantage of upgrading the SLX to this frame...wouldn't it be pretty much the same as a Saltist? 

I know for those who own the SLX, it would be cheaper to upgrade to the frame rather then buying a new reel, but with the carbontex upgrade and the frame, the cost is just a little bit less then a Saltist.

Looking forward to your insight.

Thanks

David

alantani

is it worth it?  hard to say.  very little of what we do makes $$$ sense anymore!

ReelSpeed

This is a toss up.. This aftermarket frame is soo much better than the frame on a saltist it is not even close.  But it is better because of the structural integrity (cast aluminum vs. solid aluminum) and finish.  The issue is that this size of reel will probably never face a situation where structural integrity will come into play (around 20Lbs drag +)... Personally, I would much rather have a modded frame SLX than a saltist..but that is just me. 
Reelspeed Reel Service & Repair
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
(562) 261-5190

alantani

i am certain that the graphite frame works fine.  it's just that the frame looks very cool.  alan

bowbah

Thanks for the input!  Looks like a cool frame but I will just keep them as is for now.

bowbah

Alan,

I've read in one of your other posts that you will not recommend the Saltist reels due to the Anti-Reverse issues.  Just wondering, do the SLOSH or the SLXSH reels the same problem or do they function the same as the clicking upgrade for the Toriums you wrote about?

Also, what do you think the max line the 30 series will handle?

Thanks!

Brian A

howzit bowbah.  a little off topic but the saltist use ARB and pawl while da sealines use dog(s?  forget if was double or single)

bowbah

Quote from: jaybri on May 25, 2011, 04:49:38 PM
howzit bowbah.  a little off topic but the saltist use ARB and pawl while da sealines use dog(s?  forget if was double or single)

jaybri,

Thanks for the info...but I'm a bit confused at to what the dogs are...I've seen the pawl system in my other reels, but since i've never taken apart a sealine, not sure how the dogs work and what they look like.  I guess my concern is, will it fail like the pawl system and will the Sealine 30 sha handle fishing 30lbs ok?

Thanks.

Brian A

i know for a fact the 30 size handle 30lb line fine.  friend brought up some big uluas (Giant Trevally over 10lbs) with a 30sha with 30lb test from shore. 

Quote from: alantani on May 16, 2011, 02:55:04 PM
i am certain that the graphite frame works fine.  it's just that the frame looks very cool.  alan

alohA