Some new pics

Started by The Great Maudu, May 21, 2016, 10:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Great Maudu

A while back I started a thread about "the man on the catalog ". I showed a pic of an old bamboo surf Rod I had upgraded and customized to suit my needs. I only had one good pic but some wanted to see more. I took a few shots today as I was fishing with it. I used a gold toe ring that was placed on my toe at birth as a hook keeper. This past winter my locker was broken in to and thieves stole all my salt water gear I had stored. They overlooked this rod and I had taken this reel and most of my others home for the season. I'm pretty much starting over rebuilding the arsenal.

Penn Chronology

Great looking rig. Fishing the surf with a conventional reminds me of my younger days. Hope you got a fish worthy of testing the old rod and Squidder.

Shark Hunter

I hope they didn't get any of your newer stuff Mike.
I hate to hear that.
This is the first time I have seen this.
It is weird sometimes. You log on every day, but some posts elude us.
I haven't seen you in a while. We need to talk.
Life is Good!

moondog371

awesome pics! id frame them n hang in my living room! very nice!

mo65

Quote from: Shark Hunter on August 02, 2016, 05:45:40 AM
This is the first time I have seen this.
It is weird sometimes. You log on every day, but some posts elude us.

Same here Daron. Sorry to hear you lost some great stuff Maudu. 
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

The Great Maudu

I did lose some stuff that had value to me- mostly rods I built and customized. On the bright side it gave me the opportunity to rebuild and have even better stuff. I was very fortunate I had taken all my reels back home. Those would have been harder and costlier to replace. The big split cane surf rod and custom squidder is probably my favorite rig. With a 3 oz sinker and bait it will really reach out there.