Guys let me introduce you, my fishing place Sea of Cortez Baja North by Aftco

Started by steelfish, May 18, 2016, 11:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

you might or not recognize the zone on the next video from the pictures I have post from my fishing trips here, it was shot in the same Islands I use to go fishing normally, the zone is called, midriff are or Gonzaga bay or Enchanted Islands, that place is 2hrs south from my town and its a paradise, not many trophy fish or world record fish there but plenty for a nice moments.

well, enjoy, its nice to see the video shot by pro cameraman

The Baja Guy

Dominick

Steelfish, very nice.  My spot is further south in San Jose del Cabo.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

swill88

Nice Steelfish...that spot is on my list.

When are the best times?

Steve

steelfish

Cabos and La Paz, as well as loreto are the normal fishing destinations when you hear about Baja.

it just feel cool to see a pro video taken on this spot on the north, still virgin and not over fished, some of the reason for that is that you will never get a big fat Yellowtail or a tuna, marlin is outta the question, no big sport fishing boats cruising on this zone.

The Baja Guy

steelfish

Quote from: swill88 on May 18, 2016, 11:15:00 PM
Nice Steelfish...that spot is on my list.

When are the best times?

Steve

late march till late may, consider Spring time as the best for the climate and yellowtail came to visit the zone on those months, on winter and summer time they are gone far away to the south, but you still have those fighting Cabrillas all year around, and a lot more medium sized species.

summer time is almost unfishable just becasue the climate which reach 110F at 9am, 120f at noon and keep it like that until 7pm
well, we still fish on those months, you just have to take 2 ice coolers with you, one full of ice for your catch, and another full of ice witn beers and water for the group.

The Baja Guy

David Hall

My son in laws family owns property on Gonzaga, I'm still hoping to make it there one day.

steelfish

Quote from: David Hall on May 19, 2016, 12:19:27 AM
My son in laws family owns property on Gonzaga, I'm still hoping to make it there one day.

you should try it one day soon amigo.

its a really relaxing place, forget about noise of big cities, Baja is where the desert meets the sea.
San felipe, its almost the same but the good fishing starts in Gonzaga bay, starting there the more south you go, the better the fishing gets.
The Baja Guy

MarkT

Nice video! Stoked on Fishing had 2 shows this past year on a trip to Gonzaga Bay. Was very cool.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

steelfish

Quote from: MarkT on May 19, 2016, 01:37:55 AM
Nice video! Stoked on Fishing had 2 shows this past year on a trip to Gonzaga Bay. Was very cool.

thanks for the heads up Mark

I havent seen those show chapters before,, dannng, they were 3x better than the short video I posted, thanks a lot, for pointed them out
amazing way to show some part of gonzaga fishing.

Gonzaga trip part 1 (stocked on fishing show), on the 1:57 mark you will see a big Cocodrile Billboard, I work just 300ft behind of that Billboard. (its not visible con the video)

part 2

The Baja Guy

MarkT

Glad you liked it! I watch every week on cable.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

ChileRelleno

Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

wallacewt

oh to be young again
so envious of there energy and enthusiasm
good stuff